RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
IMG_3607.JPG
IMG_3620.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG
IMG_3619.JPG
IMG_3624.JPG
I grabbed these parts in preparation for my upcoming red Whipple. I didn't want the blue covers and silver brace clashing with the red so I decided to go this route.

The covers were only $69, and the brace $139. I'm pretty sure the brace is going to work with the 2.9 since the stock Boss STB works, and the clearance is about the same. I'll be sure to update when the Whipple arrives.

Even though the BMR is narrower, they feel about the same weight due to material, thickness.

lMO, these parts would also look badass with any black blower as well.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Pure unadulterated sex!!!! That is awesome!!! I'm one supercharger away from buying one!!!! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Too funny! Bro, this thing also performs better than it looks! I'm blown away (pun intended)!

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Thanks. Just got it back. Running the Stage 3 whipple tune so didn't have to Dyno it. It's been flawless so far. Unreal power. The tune is quite rich, which sounds sick out of the opened side exit baffles. Pops with every shift.

I'm sure I'll throw it on a Dyno eventually. Still have long tubes/ ORX, smaller pulley, and ID1000's which will require a custom tune. No rush for doing that. Plenty of power at this level.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome awesome awesome!!!! Congrats again!! Really making me want to replace my cj setup....hahaha

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Awesome awesome awesome!!!! Congrats again!! Really making me want to replace my cj setup....hahaha

I understand the temptation. I'd keep that setup. More usable on the street, and longer motor life. The stock Boss is epic on its own.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
True dat!! That is the main reason I initially went with this setup. The boss being all natural in the past, it only seemed fair to keep it that way. And I do love the sweet song of 8k, but temptation is a cruel mistress!!

b_offill

Established Member
Did you do the install? I'm considering boost for my boss and was looking at the black centrifugals but them whippels look amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
The install was free with purchase. The Whipples do look amazing. A black PC or Paxton would be sweet as well. I'd go black PCX, loud standard gears if I did it again. The Whipples make tons of power combined with the 3.73's. Third gear pulls (easing into it) are the only option with street tires, so a centri would be a better option for a street tire car.

Users who are viewing this thread