BITCOIN

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
While I like the prices, I dislike the manipulation. The big players sell when prices near or exceed previous ATH's which crashes the price and they just rebuy then.

Given their high speed algorithms, it's impossible for them to not make money.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
While I like the prices, I dislike the manipulation. The big players sell when prices near or exceed previous ATH's which crashes the price and they just rebuy then.

another reason not to trade bitcoin

buy and hodl

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
another reason not to trade bitcoin

buy and hodl
Well ya but that cycle keeps the price from going to where it could go and the big dogs are manipulating the price and pulling profit at the same time.

I've never sold bitcoin, and never will sell all my holdings, but if it goes high enough I'd pull some profit

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well ya but that cycle keeps the price from going to where it could go and the big dogs are manipulating thenprice and pulling profit at the same time.

I've never sold bitcoin, and never will sell all my holdings, but if it goes high enough
I have pulled some in the past. If I spike up to say 50K I will pull some again.

MG0h3

Established Member
What do you guys mean by “manipulation”?

Are you suggesting some sort of fraud or just simple buying and selling?

If the latter, that’s part of the game and no different than any other traded equity.

Probably going to see more volatility than normal with all the ETFs. Maybe not the huge 50% swings but lots of ups and downs.

Trade in and out when you see a range develop.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

What about when manipulation makes you money? Musk manipulated it for a while. Just by tweeting....just listened to what he said....and moved money immediately.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What do you guys mean by “manipulation”?

Are you suggesting some sort of fraud or just simple buying and selling?

If the latter, that’s part of the game and no different than any other traded equity.

Probably going to see more volatility than normal with all the ETFs. Maybe not the huge 50% swings but lots of ups and downs.

Trade in and out when you see a range develop.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
The pump and dump strategy definitely occurs with crypto, which of course has also happened with stocks ever since their has been a stock market.

Bit, I have no doubt there is insider trading going on with crypto. There are plenty with privileged info in the crypto sphere as well as government institutions. Acting on non public info is, among other things, manipulation of price.

And yup, being good at looking at charts and trading within an identified range is a skill that siccessful traders must possess. I'm no good at it yet but have picked up some of the basics on it.

MG0h3

Established Member
The pump and dump strategy definitely occurs with crypto, which of course has also happened with stocks ever since their has been a stock market.

Bit, I have no doubt there is insider trading going on with crypto. There are plenty with privileged info in the crypto sphere as well as government institutions. Acting on non public info is, among other things, manipulation of price.

And yup, being good at looking at charts and trading within an identified range is a skill that siccessful traders must possess. I'm no good at it yet but have picked up some of the basics on it.

All you can do is be patient and follow the trend.

There isn’t traditional insider trading with crypto other than some major holders or fund managers saying “hey let’s buy/sell”. Don’t even think that’s considered insider trading.

But if the big dogs are doing it, just do it with them.

There’s also inverse BTC ETFs now. A lot more ways to move it.

I’ve got some BITX options for next week and bought 1000 BITO @30. Sold covered calls for a week at 1.50 32 strike. 5% a week to hold it, over 10% if they take it.

When it dipped mid week, I closed the option for 50%, waited for a rebound a resold.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98SVTContour98

Established Member
$72k

1710161182453.jpeg

q6543

Established Member
someone in this thread was saying a break of $70k and they would buy.

Don't buy, you'll probably ruin the pump and cause a bear market
That was me, just bought back in at 72.5K…

I protected my USD and lost a good chunk of my stack… I was wrong and can admit that.
Congrats on the few with unwavering conviction. You deserve the extra profits.

Users who are viewing this thread