BITCOIN

98SVTContour98

Established Member
a good day to celebrate today

F9u6NW_XwAAiFdw

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i get excited when i listen to that, but then i remember they shut down some exchanges for Russian addresses.

do we think this was a one time deal? or not a big deal at all?

(not trying to rain on your parade, but this is a mental roadblock i can’t get past)

98SVTContour98

Established Member
i get excited when i listen to that, but then i remember they shut down some exchanges for Russian addresses.

(not trying to rain on your parade, but this is a mental roadblock i can’t get past)

They prevented some addresses from having access to Centralized Exchanges. They did that so they could restrict access to cashing out crypto for cash.

I think that is why Saylor was making the point that even if that happened, you can cross borders with millions worth of bitcoin in your head (you can't with gold/cash/coins/real-estate/etc), and there's nothing the govt can do about it. It makes it easier to vote with your feet, as the saying goes.

So comparing Bitcoin to the alternatives, it's ultimately an advantage in Bitcoin's favor.

Now there are ways around the Centralized Exchange Ban as well, new addresses can be instantly created and move coins within seconds, which govts cannot keep up with (currently). There are also mixers one can use and other centralized exchanges one can use as well.

Lastly, one could also move towards purely peer to peer transactions.

98SVTContour98

Established Member

Keep in mind, the govt is actively trying to make it harder to truly own Bitcoin. Check out what Elizabeth Warren is doing with her crap crypto bills.

So don't take my optimism as ignorance to the fight that is at hand. There are ways the govt can make this harder and more challenging.

BUT, what's the alternative! CBDC????? JFC, what a nightmare that will be for most people.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Also, keep in mind your that Bitcoin stash has to be converted into something of VALUE and it is rapidly becoming evident that FIAT DOLLARS ain't it!!:(

i would argue that Bitcoin is the value...we are early however, but eventually it will move into the payments/currency stage.

HIDOIJALXRACNHUQDZ6ZH5MLMQ.jpg

Last edited:

Coosawjack

Established Member
Time will tell but if our Guvmint keeps printing worthless Dollars, Bitcoin may be worth $100K in Dollars and virtually nothing on the World Stage depending on where the "Valuable World Currencies" are.......it will be interesting to say the least!!:unsure:

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Time will tell but if our Guvmint keeps printing worthless Dollars, Bitcoin may be worth $100K in Dollars and virtually nothing on the World Stage depending on where the "Valuable World Currencies" are.......it will be interesting to say the least!!:unsure:

helluva time to be alive my friend.

Guns
Bullets
Bitcoin

q6543

Established Member
That’s been the problem with GBTC, it’s a closed ended fund so under their current structure they can’t sell bitcoin.

I’m not 100% sure how ETF conversion would affect it.

Also I believe Bitcoin ETFs won’t be backed dollar for dollar with physical bitcoin. It will be leveraged out and laddered with futures still.
I don’t believe they’ll hold anymore bitcoin than they’ll need to cover the spread between the put/calls they’re selling.

I think ETFs are very bad for bitcoin overall.
It creates too much synthetic transactions

We will see shortly after they hit the markets.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Also I believe Bitcoin ETFs won’t be backed dollar for dollar with physical bitcoin. It will be leveraged out and laddered with futures still.

anything sourced for this kind of info?

b/c i swear I read it was backed one to one, but maybe not

q6543

Established Member
There is no source, it’s what the SEC and applicants are all trying to come to agreement about.

The “regulatory framework”
Apparently the window for approval is open on 12 ETFs between Nov 9th through the 17th

That’s why BTC is orgasming right now, the entire run from 26-36 was BlackRock buying spot to sell to whoever wants it through however they end up rehypothecating it.

I just see BTC jizzing itself from the announcement forward as etf buyers won’t affect physical.
More than willing to be wrong though.

Last edited:

98SVTContour98

Established Member
There is no source, it’s what the SEC and applicants are all trying to come to agreement about.

The “regulatory framework”
Apparently the window for approval is open on 12 ETFs between Nov 9th through the 17th

That’s why BTC is orgasming right now, the entire run from 26-36 was BlackRock buying spot to sell to whoever wants it through however they end up rehypothecating it.

I just see BTC jizzing itself from the announcement forward as etf buyers won’t affect physical.
More than willing to be wrong though.

thx

also appreciate all the sex words lol

Users who are viewing this thread