2017: $751
2018: $3148
2019: $3354
2020: $3850
2021: $27734
2022: $15479
2023: $16496
2024: ?????
If you could tell yourself one thing back in 2010..what would it be and how would you tell yourself INVEST IN BITCOIN!!!!

I'd be like Shane....invest 5,000 in Bitcoin and LEAVE IT THE F*C* alone for 10 years. I'd probably get down to the date it fell..lol.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
If you could tell yourself one thing back in 2010..what would it be and how would you tell yourself INVEST IN BITCOIN!!!!

I'd be like Shane....invest 5,000 in Bitcoin and LEAVE IT THE F*C* alone for 10 years. I'd probably get down to the date it fell..lol.

Man you aint kidding, but you know what...something most people do not believe right now is that we are still early.

BTC will capture Gold's Market Cap by maybe 2033, which puts BTC at $600k-ish per coin. Once it moves past store of value and into the use case phase, it will go much higher than that.

we are about 1 or 2 spots above the yellow star right now, and quickly moving

di9512yx0aimfw1-format-jpg-name-4096x4096-jpg.1641089

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Bitcoin ATMs wane in popularity as installations said to hit two-year low​

Oct. 21, 2023 4:16 PM ETBitcoin USD (BTC-USD)SANP, BULT, BTMBy: Max Gottlich, SA News Editor9 Comments
Atm machine bitcoin cryptocurrency. Usd hundred money payment on virtual crypto currency btc wallet. Woman withdraw american dollar bill money. Atm machine finance and technology concept.

Nature
The number of bitcoin (BTC-USD) ATM installations across the globe dropped to the lowest level since 2021, even as most cryptocurrency prices bounced this year, alternative data provider AltIndex said in a recent report.
Bitcoin (BTC-USD) ATMs (Automated Teller Machines), also known as BTMs, are kiosks that enable customers to buy and also sometimes sell bitcoin with cash or a debit card. Designed to make it easy to convert cash to bitcoin, funds are transferred to a consumer’s digital wallet and are verified and recorded on the blockchain, a secured public ledger.
But the popularity of BTMs has been losing ground since December, when the number of global BTMs reached an all-time high, the Wednesday report said. The number installed since then has plunged 17% to 32.5K in October. In January 2020, before the pandemic-induced a historic surge in crypto prices, the number of BTMs totaled just 6.36K.
AltIndex attributed the decline to “market volatility seen in the past ten months and the controversies about their potentially criminal use.”
To that end, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City has laid out a slew of risks of BTMs, from "predatory inclusion" to money laundering, that could eventually effect consumers and future regulation.
"The relative anonymity of transactions, along with the speed, convenience, and irreversibility of the cash-to-crypto conversion make BTMs ideal for money launderers," the Kansas City Fed wrote in an August article.
The U.S., which is home to the largest number of BTMs, saw the biggest drop in BTM installations. As of last week, the world’s largest economy hosted 26.7K machines, down from 34.2K in December. Even so, the U.S. has eighteen times more BTMs than Europe, which had some 1.5K. Asia has the least installed machines at less than 350.
Interestingly, the peak in the number of BTM installations late last year coincided with a wider crypto market downturn that led to a barrage of high-profile failures across the industry. Now it appears the BTM/crypto relationship has started to disconnect, with BTM installations down for the year despite higher crypto prices. Although bitcoin (BTC-USD) itself climbed 77.2% YTD, it's still down nearly 60% from its record highs.
Bitcoin Depot (BTM), which allows consumers to buy bitcoin (BTC-USD) for cash at over 3.5K locations, has seen its stock drop 73% YTD. Still, B. Riley analyst Hal Goetsch has rated the stock a Buy, calling it a “way to express an investment view for the broader consumer adoption of Bitcoin without being highly correlated to price swings of the cryptocurrency market.”
Other BTM operators include: Bullet Blockchain (OTCPK:BULT), Santo Blockchain (OTCPK:SANP), CoinCloud, CoinFlip, Bitcoin of America, Bitstop, Coinsource and Cash2Bitcoin.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Bitcoin ATMs wane in popularity as installations said to hit two-year low​

Oct. 21, 2023 4:16 PM ETBitcoin USD (BTC-USD)SANP, BULT, BTMBy: Max Gottlich, SA News Editor9 Comments
Atm machine bitcoin cryptocurrency. Usd hundred money payment on virtual crypto currency btc wallet. Woman withdraw american dollar bill money. Atm machine finance and technology concept.

Nature
The number of bitcoin (BTC-USD) ATM installations across the globe dropped to the lowest level since 2021, even as most cryptocurrency prices bounced this year, alternative data provider AltIndex said in a recent report.
Bitcoin (BTC-USD) ATMs (Automated Teller Machines), also known as BTMs, are kiosks that enable customers to buy and also sometimes sell bitcoin with cash or a debit card. Designed to make it easy to convert cash to bitcoin, funds are transferred to a consumer’s digital wallet and are verified and recorded on the blockchain, a secured public ledger.
But the popularity of BTMs has been losing ground since December, when the number of global BTMs reached an all-time high, the Wednesday report said. The number installed since then has plunged 17% to 32.5K in October. In January 2020, before the pandemic-induced a historic surge in crypto prices, the number of BTMs totaled just 6.36K.
AltIndex attributed the decline to “market volatility seen in the past ten months and the controversies about their potentially criminal use.”
To that end, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City has laid out a slew of risks of BTMs, from "predatory inclusion" to money laundering, that could eventually effect consumers and future regulation.
"The relative anonymity of transactions, along with the speed, convenience, and irreversibility of the cash-to-crypto conversion make BTMs ideal for money launderers," the Kansas City Fed wrote in an August article.
The U.S., which is home to the largest number of BTMs, saw the biggest drop in BTM installations. As of last week, the world’s largest economy hosted 26.7K machines, down from 34.2K in December. Even so, the U.S. has eighteen times more BTMs than Europe, which had some 1.5K. Asia has the least installed machines at less than 350.
Interestingly, the peak in the number of BTM installations late last year coincided with a wider crypto market downturn that led to a barrage of high-profile failures across the industry. Now it appears the BTM/crypto relationship has started to disconnect, with BTM installations down for the year despite higher crypto prices. Although bitcoin (BTC-USD) itself climbed 77.2% YTD, it's still down nearly 60% from its record highs.
Bitcoin Depot (BTM), which allows consumers to buy bitcoin (BTC-USD) for cash at over 3.5K locations, has seen its stock drop 73% YTD. Still, B. Riley analyst Hal Goetsch has rated the stock a Buy, calling it a “way to express an investment view for the broader consumer adoption of Bitcoin without being highly correlated to price swings of the cryptocurrency market.”
Other BTM operators include: Bullet Blockchain (OTCPK:BULT), Santo Blockchain (OTCPK:SANP), CoinCloud, CoinFlip, Bitcoin of America, Bitstop, Coinsource and Cash2Bitcoin.
Weird, I’m up 500 in the last week.

VegasMichael

Established Member

My biggest investing mistake in 2010 was buying just one house instead of two or three.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Of course, the people in early on any Ponzi do better than later arrivals.
You sound like one of those people who wouldn't put money in a bank and kept on selling chickens. You literally have money in the bank right now only backed but consumer confidence while having the government print more and more making it more useless. If anything that sounds like a Ponzi scheme, the US Dollar. This is literally you throughout this thread.....ponzi...well good for you guys....ponzi.....awesome for you guys....ponzi....etc etc. Yet you have yet to grasp the bear/bull characteristic to take advantage of it. Maybe you don't have the patience....I don't know. Maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Last edited:

98SVTContour98

Established Member
I wonder at what point people who call BTC a ponzi would change their minds.

It took Larry Fink/Black Rock 5-6 years.

It took Michael Saylor/Microstrategy 6 months.

It took me 2 years.

I don't think the average joe will get it until BTC has sustained at or near the market cap of Gold ($500,000 Bitcoin Price). With all the ETF news buzzing, I think this means the wallstreet types get in before the average joe, unfortunately.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I wonder at what point people who call BTC a ponzi would change their minds.

It took Larry Fink/Black Rock 5-6 years.

It took Michael Saylor/Microstrategy 6 months.

It took me 2 years.

I don't think the average joe will get it until BTC has sustained at or near the market cap of Gold ($500,000 Bitcoin Price). With all the ETF news buzzing, I think this means the wallstreet types get in before the average joe, unfortunately.
My fear is the more mainstream it becomes the more stable it becomes and the less fluctuation price will have. Sounds great in terms overnight loss but overnight gain leaves the chat as well.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You sound like one of those people who wouldn't put money in a bank and kept on selling chickens. You literally have money in the bank right now only backed but consumer confidence while having the government print more and more making it more useless. If anything that sounds like a Ponzi scheme, the US Dollar. This is literally you throughout this thread.....ponzi...well good for you guys....ponzi.....awesome for you guys....ponzi....etc etc. Yet you have yet to grasp the bear/bull characteristic to take advantage of it. Maybe you don't have the patience....I don't know. Maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

If the US dollar goes to zero, all assets go to zero, and you better have a chicken coop.

But again, crypto backed by NOTHING. US dollar backed by the full weight of the USA economy. NOTHING VS Everything. That you confuse the dollar with a Ponzi scheme and crypto as better or equivalent does not reflect well on you.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If the US dollar goes to zero, all assets go to zero, and you better have a chicken coop.

But again, crypto backed by NOTHING. US dollar backed by the full weight of the USA economy. NOTHING VS Everything. That you confuse the dollar with a Ponzi scheme and crypto as better or equivalent does not reflect well on you.
I don't think you understand what "the full weight means". They are destroying the dollar. I know you see that.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
My fear is the more mainstream it becomes the more stable it becomes and the less fluctuation price will have. Sounds great in terms overnight loss but overnight gain leaves the chat as well.

that will eventually happen and a few interesting charts out there...one of interest is comparing the growth/users of BTC to the growth/users of the internet. It means BTC has a lot further to grow, both in # of users and price.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
But again, crypto backed by NOTHING.

I know I've said this to you and others here before in this thread, so I wont go back into the details, but Bitcoin is backed by it's properties/capabilities. Anyone who hates or loves Bitcoin should know what those properties/capabilities are.

The US Dollar is backed by it's properties/capabilities, as well as, the Federal Reserve and the US Government. The latter of which is terrifying, tyrannical, and clearly liars.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
that will eventually happen and a few interesting charts out there...one of interest is comparing the growth/users of BTC to the growth/users of the internet. It means BTC has a lot further to grow, both in # of users and price.
I don't believe we are close to that however. This is good news for us. I think now is a good time to invest because I see a bull run after this Presidency ENDS.

Users who are viewing this thread