BITCOIN

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
It doesn't fit his narrative. He's a retired wallpaper hanger, but he still likes to cut and paste like a pro.

On a good note, the wife didn't get a wind fall in her investments and is stuck with me for a while.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Yup Doge and Eth up 12% on the week

Lite up 15%

Made a bit.. looks like I can pay the power bill.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I wouldn't exactly start gloating just yet. This isn't the first time it's made a move up 10+% after hitting a new local low. Cautiously optimistic is what I would advise.

q6543

Established Member
Bitcoin ripping off a $5k candle here
FF55CA13-0628-48A8-8385-70E23F49A625.png

Last edited:

Established Member
So, what appeared to be really tired or drunken Kramer trashing crypto today makes a guy wonder if the lows are in. Personally, won't touch the stuff, but for the guys in the realm, I like the fade. I remember when he was trashing all the oil companies as useless because of electric, and if I recall at one time, he said there was a place for crypto. Money says he doesn't make it three more years, and that's a sad indictment of what money and the pursuit of it can do to a soul.
Yet again, fade Cramer for the win.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Best spin I read on this: BTC will rally because all the bad guys are being arrested. :unsure:

U.S. Justice Department charged Anatoly Legkodymov, founder of cryptocurrency exchange Bitzlato, with money laundering and ransomware.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

SEC charges Eisenberg with price manipulation to steal $116M in crypto from Mango Markets

Jan. 20, 2023 3:35 PM ET

• The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said Friday it charged Avraham Eisenberg with price manipulation of the MNGO token through cryptocurrency exchange Mango Markets.
  • The SEC's complaint charged Eisenberg with violating anti-fraud and market manipulation laws. It alleged that Eisenberg stole ~$116M worth of crypto from Mango Markets, effectively draining the platform's available assets.
  • "As we allege, Eisenberg engaged in a manipulative scheme to artificially inflate the price of MNGO token to borrow and then withdraw nearly all available assets from Mango Markets, which left the platform at a deficit when the security price returned to its pre-manipulation level,” said David Hirsch, chief, Crypto Assets and Cyber Unit.
  • Investigations into other securities law violations are ongoing. Eisenberg, who was arrested in Puerto Rico, is facing parallel criminal and civil charges, brought by the Department of Justice and the CFTC, respectively.
  • Regulatory scrutiny has been ramping up in the crypto space, especially in the aftermath of the FTX collapse, which led to a contagion in the sector that is yet to subsude. Crypto lender Genesis is the latest to file for bankruptcy protection.

Creditor of bankrupt Genesis has ties to Fairfax County pension funds - report

SMURF -6.09%Jan. 20, 2023 3:15 PM ET3 Comments

• Bankrupt cryptocurrency firm Genesis Global Holdco owes its top 50 creditors over $3.5B, one of whom has ties to two pension funds in Fairfax County, Virginia.
  • The company, which is the parent firm of crypto lender Genesis Global Capital, filed for bankruptcy late last night as it buckled under losses after the collapse of crypto exchange FTX and hedge fund Three Arrows Capital.
  • Its creditors include the New Finance Income Fund from ETF manager VanEck with a $53M claim against Genesis, CoinDesk reported. The fund offers income for investors via short-term lending arrangements with crypto entities.
  • Last year, the fund received $35M investment from the Fairfax County Employees' Retirement System and Fairfax County Police Officers Retirement System.
  • "VanEck is aware of the Genesis bankruptcy filing, and we hope and expect that Digital Currency Group is stepping up to support Genesis creditors," the global asset manager said in a tweet on Friday. Genesis is part of venture capital firm Digital Currency Group.
  • Earlier, Tokens.com (OTCQB:SMURF) disclosed an open loan facility with Genesis Global Capital.

q6543

Established Member
It’s just DAVOS money entering on the low.

Not for peasant class. 174k by April fools 24 looks like a good short term target to me.
5C3E2308-8052-4CCF-9026-97A5D9EC02EB.png

q6543

Established Member
Recession was Q1/Q2 2022.. it’s already over.
Market priced it in real time.
It was a short/sharp recession… now how long it takes for people to realize that is a different conversation.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Recession was Q1/Q2 2022.. it’s already over.
Market priced it in real time.
It was a short/sharp recession… now how long it takes for people to realize that is a different conversation.

The Fed is gonna make people sad.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Cryptopolitan
Cryptopolitan

FollowView Profile

Hacker moves stolen $90 million after six years​

Story by Owotunse Adebayo • Yesterday 11:22 AM

A hacker has allegedly moved stolen funds from six years ago from one wallet to another. In the details published by Chainalysis, the hacker accumulated the funds in a string of operations since 2016. The data analysis website noted that the $90 million worth of funds sprang to life over the last few days in a suspected move by the hacker. The funds, made up of Bitcoin and Ethereum, were said to have been moved to a new wallet.

According to the details given by Chainalysis, the hacker might be following the rising tides in the prices of digital assets. The hacker, also known as the Blockchain Bandit’ was famous for attacking Ethereum wallets with less sophisticated security keys. Chainalysis explained that the bad actor used this same method on over 10,000 crypto wallets in six years.

In the news published by several entities four years ago, the movement of the hacker’s loot was tracked after he stole more than 50,000 Ethereum from several wallets by guessing their private keys. One of the first people to discover the movement said he encountered the hacker while looking up ways to generate a solid private key for his wallet.

The bad actor was said to have set up a particular node to siphon funds from wallets secured with less sophisticated encryption. During the period, the analyst could copy more than 700 addresses the malicious actor had compromised. However, he stated that the exact number of wallets or transactions carried out is unknown, but he verified more than 40,000 transactions. During the period, he said the guy could siphon funds from some of the wallets to which he had access.

Although Chainalysis could track the transactions, it could not provide the final address that received the funds. After this issue, Chainalysis warned traders to own wallets developed by reputable companies. The firm also advised users to use offline wallets if they want to store large amounts of digital assets. Aside from this issue, another vulnerability was discovered where some wallets used the same private keys for security.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The crypto markets seem to have woken up. I don't want to jinx it but in the last few weeks Litecoin has me well into the green for the first time since May of last year.

I did buy 20X shares of COIN stock when it was in the low-mid 30s about a month ago so that's looking nice right now. Tempting to sell some now but I know that will trigger a tax bill and it will keep going up if the overall crypto market goes up.

cobracide

Established Member
Money is starting to flow back into the markets, Crypto is benefiting. The semi-predicted massive recession is failing to materialize.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Ether represented through the dip. Now Doge and BC climbing. Wife's conversation about her crypto portfolio lasted 10 seconds a month ago. Me: you getting any warmth from that crypto fire? Her: Nope, maybe we can throw for money in it. We'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread