BITCOIN

quad

Established Member
I have to ask, do most that play the alt coins lean left or right? Someone said something here that has been in the back of my head since Yellen lost her power a few years ago. She cannot control altcoins and will most likely do everything in her power to kill them. That seemed apparent. She has a lot more power now than she ever had before. Anything digital can be made illegal overnight. Or just worthless as they could prohibit legal payments with non dollars. Maybe it just goes to me not trusting the government, but it seems we as a country just put the fox in the henhouse.
Yes I am curious about this as well. I know people that gravitate towards cryptos are anti-big government and anti-tax and anti-banks. They basically want the government to stay out of their business. So I would venture they are right leaning since regressive left people prefer a big government and appear to not support freedom of speech (unless your views are the same as theirs). So Yellen taking on Bitcoin might be another **** you to conservatives. I am now not so sure that Cryptos will go to the far moon as predicted by some. Taxing unrealized capital gains will absolutely kill investments in stocks or cryptos.

quad

Established Member
Last edited:

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes I am curious about this as well. I know people that gravitate towards cryptos are anti-big government and anti-tax and anti-banks. They basically want the government to stay out of their business. So I would venture they are right leaning since regressive left people prefer a big government and appear to not support freedom of speech (unless your views are the same as theirs). So Yellen taking on Bitcoin might be another **** you to conservatives. I am now not so sure that Cryptos will go to the far moon as predicted by some. Taxing unrealized capital gains will absolutely kill investments in stocks or cryptos.
Wait a second. Isn't one of the big selling points of block chain that it will reduce poverty and more equalize wealth opportunity? Its like leftists don't really care about poor people. Shocker.

MG0h3

Established Member
Said it a couple weeks ago, there is no way the Gov will keep their fingers out of this.

They will never let some unregulated and uncontrolled money become mainstream.

They are going to tax the shit out of it and eventually take control of it.

MG0h3

Established Member
And when they institute the annual cap gains on long term investments, people are going to have to liquidate half their position to pay the tax.
Prob won’t help the price.

Just be ready to take profits.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Said it a couple weeks ago, there is no way the Gov will keep their fingers out of this.

How would they take control of it?

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Hell I will be happy at $3k. I may get a different hotrod at 5.

Hell-yeah-GIF.gif

quad

Established Member

quad

Established Member

Ivan on Tech is hilarious here. He is literally gulping for air as he freaks out!

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
And when they institute the annual cap gains on long term investments, people are going to have to liquidate half their position to pay the tax.
Prob won’t help the price.

Just be ready to take profits.
I think they will try to tax this somehow. But if they try to somehow tax cap gains annually on long term investments, I think the shit will indeed hit the fan. 401k, pension...?

MG0h3

Established Member
I think they will try to tax this somehow. But if they try to somehow tax cap gains annually on long term investments, I think the shit will indeed hit the fan. 401k, pension...?
Ya who knows. I just know they will get theirs. Always do.

Users who are viewing this thread