Bilstein struts sticking out?

Daryl Mozart

Established Member
Hi guys! I just installed Bilstein B6 struts and H&R Race springs in my 01 Cobra, and ummm.. when I lowered the car down to it's wheels, literally both struts just came up shooting out, the hood closes but the struts just bounce and hit my roof, both tires are same level (26 inches from ground to wheel well). What did I do wrong? Does it need caster camber plates? Was I supposed to put something from the original struts on these or something? The only reason I didn't was because it said the bilsteins come with a built in (rebound bushing???). I put the metal piece and the bushing on the top though. Again this is when the car was put on it's wheels, when it was lifted it was perfectly aligned. OH, the strut bar is not connected, not sure if that has anything to do with this. Thanks for the help guys, I really don't wana put this car on jacks anymore... pulling the tie rod and everything was the biggest pain in the butt.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yeah, you need the lower isolator. The bounce bumper isn't the same thing. To be honest you probably should have installed caster/camber plates. The alignment tech would appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread