Bilstein strut repair

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Tried searching around but didn't dig anything up on this.

Got 3 struts in my possession that have the wires for the electronic damping broke off at the base of the struts. Anyone have any clue on if this is repairable on the DIY side of things? There isn't enough wire left to get ahold of for a repair. I bought a pair on FB, and they looked good on receiving them, but spaced looking at the bottoms to see if the wiring was intact. The wires were still clipped to the struts, and I didn't notice them hanging loose. My fault, but it was after work and late, and I just stuffed them in the basement after opening the box.

Not sure if there is a reasonable solution for this or not.

Thanks!
Brian

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Tried searching around but didn't dig anything up on this.

Got 3 struts in my possession that have the wires for the electronic damping broke off at the base of the struts. Anyone have any clue on if this is repairable on the DIY side of things? There isn't enough wire left to get ahold of for a repair. I bought a pair on FB, and they looked good on receiving them, but spaced looking at the bottoms to see if the wiring was intact. The wires were still clipped to the struts, and I didn't notice them hanging loose. My fault, but it was after work and late, and I just stuffed them in the basement after opening the box.

Not sure if there is a reasonable solution for this or not.

Thanks!
Brian
I saw a thread awhile back of someone retrofitting- have you tried bilstein themselves? They may be able to do the wire repair since it’s an OeM system and they do repairs per thier site? If you do get ahold of them let me know I’ll go the same route!

Users who are viewing this thread