Bilstein shocks/struts

96Cobracomander

Established Member
The ride of my cobra is HORRID, i got FLSC that im getting installed this week but i also want to re-do theshocks and struts and eliminate the quads (gonna do the upper and lower control arms this winter, so my question is as far as struts and shocks go, will ANY 96-98 shock set up fit a cobra? or do i need cobra specific shocks and struts?

Chris.94GT

Established Member
Is your car lowered? If so I would get fox length struts. There is no specific shock/strut for base/gt/cobra

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Is your car lowered? If so I would get fox length struts. There is no specific shock/strut for base/gt/cobra

You're better off with the sn95 struts with an aftermarket CC setup. Most fox guys swap to SN95 struts. I've had both, SN95 length performs better

KCRN12

Established Member
As long as you have aftermarket CC plates that will allow the strut rod to come up through the mount farther than the factory length struts will work best. Be sure you pull the strut rod through enough, though. For instance (if I remember correctly) if the strut rod was originally sticking up out of the strut tower 1/2" and you lower the car 1.5", then you would need 2" of strut rod sticking up. This will keep the struts from bottoming out. There may be a different formula that you use. If so, someone correct me. It's been a long time since I did mine.

Users who are viewing this thread