Bilstein Rebuild

1bad95

Established Member
Who here has had it done and who have you used? I bought a pair of rear shocks from an 04 cobra thinking that they were like the front struts and going to work fine but didn't think about the different rates of them due to the IRS. Looking to have them rebuild to SRA specs to use on my 98 Saleen. Thought of selling them but where it bolts on the bottom of the strut I ground off about 1/8" of the sleeve the bolt goes thru on the strut to get it to fit my lower shock mount on my SRA. I don't know how much tougher it would make em to sell. They only have 2k miles on them and are mint.

Thanks guys for all input!

Woody6799

Established Member
thats my plan... I am pretty sure mine are factory with 97k on them... over the winter I want to pull them out and have them totally rebuilt to new.

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
I just had some rebuilt. I sent them off at the beginning of May. Bilstein called with an estimate and expected return date. Once finished they called for payment info and sent them back. Total time was about 5 weeks. As is stated in their instructions, they will mechanically rebuild them, but won't refinish. I took care of that after they were sent back. Krylon #1816 yellow (John Deere) is the paint they recommend.

Sandblasted
DSC_0027_zpsa6dbad47.jpg

After paint
DSC_0031_zpsa6683930.jpg

Installed
DSC_0035_zpsa1959773.jpg

1bad95

Established Member
Nice do you remember about what the cost was? May try and just sell these and buy a new set that are made for a SRA

1bad95

Established Member
Thank guys! Do you happen to have any contact info for the place? I see on the site its bilstein tech center but can't seem to find any contact info

Users who are viewing this thread