Bilstein B8

WhiteOut

I have 96 cobra with H&R SS springs and isos and MM caster/camber plates. Finally getting around to finishing some of the loose ends Ive started on this car. Currently in the process of ordering X2 ball joints, bumpsteer kit and poly rack bushings. Question I have is this, will the B8 rear shocks from a 99-04 cobra with the IRS fit on my 96? I see the front struts are listed as compatible but the rears are not. Only showing the B6 offering anywhere I have looked. Really would like to have the B8s as it seems they would be better suited for this much of a drop. Sorry if this has been covered before. I have looked and looked with no luck. Thanks for any help

WhiteOut

One more question. I swear I cant make up my mind. Will the B6 rear shocks match up with the B8 front struts or will it have too different of a dampening rate? Better yet should I just ditch the Bilsteins all together and get some Koni yellow adjustable shocks and struts and be done with it. Just trying to get the best ride since the car is lowered pretty good. Will have to figure out how to post pics. Going to take that advice and buy some MM aluminum rack bushings instead of the urethane. Itching to order some parts. Got some days off work ahead lol.

robvas

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports might be able to tell you for sure but aren't the B8's just shorter? Never had an issue with them or the Konis on a lowered car.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
I ran the Bilstein B6 on my old 98 with H&R Race Springs, solid rack bushings, Steeda sway bars, X2 ball joints and Steeda bumpsteer kit. It was a very good setup for cruising and spirited driving.

Users who are viewing this thread