BilletProShop's 2013 TVS for a 5.4

Anarchy

Established Member
Does the bearings in the case or the pulley the parts need to be disassembled? The baking heat does not ruin the bearings or any other part? I assume the rotor pack cannot be done?

Anarchy

Established Member
Any pointers on doing this. I have mine completely disassembled and brought to powder coater but he is afraid to bake with bearings in also what's behind pulley. Also doesn't want to touch rotor pack.

BilletProShop

Established Member
Any pointers on doing this. I have mine completely disassembled and brought to powder coater but he is afraid to bake with bearings in also what's behind pulley. Also doesn't want to touch rotor pack.

we take the snout completely apart, there is a seal behind the pulley that needs to be removed to avoid issues, bearings in the case will not suffer from the heat generated.. 375-400 is not enough to cause issues

Anarchy

Established Member
Thanks not sure I want to put a lot in becuase want to upgrade the blower after the lower end build. The coater also complained about the throttle plate under the blower told him I have no idea if it needs to come apart or even how. I surmised the pulley had a seal and bearing behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread