billetflow single vs. 4 pulley kit

Single Pulley Kit vs. Quad Pulley Kit from Billetflow

• Single Kit - (1) ring and hub for blower and (1) 100mm

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 4 pulley kit - (1) ring and hub for blower (3) idlers etc.

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

need4snake

Banned
Ok so just talked to billetflow...

Should I get the single pulley/idler kit or they said you can get the 4 pulley kit. I guess the difference is belt slippage? What do you guys think?

The only other mods to the car will be a catback, JLT RAI, Custom Tune and an IRS Brace.

Single Kit (blower pulley and idler)
$134.95 - (100mm Idler)
$149.95 - 2.76 ring and hub

4 pulley kit (blower pulley and 3 idlers)
$294.95
$149.95 - 2.76 ring and hub

$179.95 for the pulley puller - send it back for a $120.00 credit. (rental conversion)

need4snake

Banned
Cool glad to see I'm not the only one confused on this.

I usually get yelled at by someone for not searching the forums more, but I can't seem to find much on this specifically related to billetflow. I also don't like spending hours and hours searching for old threads.

crazycarlo

Established Member
depends man. Most of the time you need to upgrade to the 4 piece kit because the stock idlers explode. Literally they have failed pretty bad. I beleive it pretty much once you start porting the blower and all. If you ever plan to upgrade to the ported blower and you have the money id get all of them now. Plus like stated they help with belt slip man.

need4snake

Banned
depends man. Most of the time you need to upgrade to the 4 piece kit because the stock idlers explode. Literally they have failed pretty bad. I beleive it pretty much once you start porting the blower and all. If you ever plan to upgrade to the ported blower and you have the money id get all of them now. Plus like stated they help with belt slip man.

Interesting, so does the increased resistance from the blower spinning at higher rpm's put more stress on the idler pulleys?

Last edited:

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
Then you got to think about what pulley set up for upper and lower your gonna go with when u get a port so you don't end up buying different ones ..... The whole pulley thing confuses the shit out of me. I'm not changing any pulleys untill I get it ported and I know which route I wanna go. I'm not buying things twice

b_dike

Established Member

Yep had one of my idlers go on me this year (71k miles and I was racing when it happened)... And yes they literally explode!!!

I only have the single 100mm, but I want the 4 piece kit for the added insurance. Don't know if the 4 piece is better for belt slip or not. As I've never had any issues with belt slip with my single idler...

Hope this helps out some.:thumbsup:

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
It's not as much for belt slip as it is for safety. The stock ones tend to grenade once you start to spin the blower faster, thus the belt itself... So more speed/force on the rotations of the pulleys = boom. If youre upper only I say auxiliary idler only, if it's a 2.8 or smaller 100 mm idler. If its a 2.9 or bigger get the 92/90 mm. If you're smart then get the four piece. I guarantee you will want more power and the idlers are something you'll need to do so. Spend it now or spend it twice later.

brandont70

No Money
Established Member
Loving this thread need4snake! I have a 2.8 upper and a 100mm idler. If I have am gonna get a idler set, what sizes do I need?

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
It really isn't as important as getting the proper belt size for your setup. If you look at the idler packages they tell you what they contain. You just need to buy the rest

twisted03snake

Established Member
I run the single 100mm kit with my Whipple with a 3.00 pulley on it!!! Never had any issues with belt slip...The 4 piece kit is def not a bad idea, it just all depends if you wanna spend the extra money!! It's not a necessity as far as belt slip in my opinion!

Spoolx

Established Member
It's not as much for belt slip as it is for safety. The stock ones tend to grenade once you start to spin the blower faster, thus the belt itself... So more speed/force on the rotations of the pulleys = boom. If youre upper only I say auxiliary idler only, if it's a 2.8 or smaller 100 mm idler. If its a 2.9 or bigger get the 92/90 mm. If you're smart then get the four piece. I guarantee you will want more power and the idlers are something you'll need to do so. Spend it now or spend it twice later.

The belt speed is controlled by the crank, has nothing to do with the smaller upper pulley.
I have 111k on my stock pullies with no problem, in my opinion they are one of those things that everyone says you must have because a few people have had them fail. I would spend the money elsewhere.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
I know this. An upper only doesn't really spin the eaton to its max. I was referring to an upper/ lower setup I should have clarified.

Users who are viewing this thread