Billetflow pulleys

KingCobra04

SVT Freak
Established Member
Just wanted to know if the 4-piece idler kit and hub/pulley ring kit is the best way to go? Thinking of going with the 2.76 or 2.93.
The car is stock at this time. I will upgrade to K&N FIPK, pulley kit and have it tuned with the Excalibrator in about one week. Just trying to get it all lined up. Oh ya SW headers and exhaust will be here by the end of Feb. or beginning of March.
Thanks for your feedback.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Billetflow is one the best out there! The idler set-up is sweet!! And you won't be disapointed!! And I would also go with a predator tune IMO!

BLWN46

Established Member
my 2.93 from BF doesnt slip without the idler, 2.76 might? Do yourself a favor and get their puller also, it makes it a 10 minute job!

03cobrarocks

Established Member
personally i think 2.76 spins the blower to fast but whatever thats just mo.

O and billetflow is tight :rockon:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Definitely get the 4 idlers, much better quality than the stock ones. I'm putting the 2.76 and 4 idlers on as soon as it quits snowing.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
personally i think 2.76 spins the blower to fast but whatever thats just mo.

No way. 2.76 is perfect...or better yet a 2.80 and a 2lb lower.

I still get belt slip even with all idlers and a 2.76 pulley. I don't think there's anyway to completely eliminate it unless maybe you slap some VHT on the belt.

Either way, BF is the best choice.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
unit213 said:
No way. 2.76 is perfect...or better yet a 2.80 and a 2lb lower.

I still get belt slip even with all idlers and a 2.76 pulley. I don't think there's anyway to completely eliminate it unless maybe you slap some VHT on the belt.

Either way, BF is the best choice.

My setup is in my sig. I've been noticing a little slip on occasion. Going to try a slightly shorter belt soon.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Oh Three Cobra said:
My setup is in my sig. I've been noticing a little slip on occasion. Going to try a slightly shorter belt soon.

I thought about running a 74" belt as opposed to the 74.5". Post up if you get good results.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I have the Billetflow 2.93 w/4 idlers. Also have the Gates 74.5 n/s belt. Belt was a bear to get on but much less belt dust than with the stocker. I'm just wonderin' if the belt is too tight. :shrug: Billetflow makes quality stuff fo' sure. :beer:

astippich

Established Member
You probably want the 75.1 belt with the 2.93. If you look at your tensioner I would bet your almost out of travel. I have a 2.76 w/4 idlers and my tensioner is half way between middle and out of travel.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
astippich said:
You probably want the 75.1 belt with the 2.93. If you look at your tensioner I would bet your almost out of travel. I have a 2.76 w/4 idlers and my tensioner is half way between middle and out of travel.
I was thinking the same thing, but I was told by the shop I bought it at (very reputable) that that was the size I needed. When we struggled so much to get it on I figured it was too tight. I think I am going to switch to the 75.1, the size I wanted originally. You are correct about the tensioner, almost out. :nonono: Thanx for the info. :beer:

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
DR. WU 2000 said:
I was thinking the same thing, but I was told by the shop I bought it at (very reputable) that that was the size I needed. When we struggled so much to get it on I figured it was too tight. I think I am going to switch to the 75.1, the size I wanted originally. You are correct about the tensioner, almost out. :nonono: Thanx for the info. :beer:

Yeah but does your belt slip?

astippich

Established Member
I don't want to speak for doug at bf(but I will anyhow) he will recommend a 75.1 with the 2.93 I'm sure.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
cobraCMDR said:
Yeah but does your belt slip?
I don't think I am slipping. At full throttle I am pegged on the boost gauge and it does not move. It was the same with the stock belt but the dust was making me think I may be slipping. Last night I changed back to the stock belt and ordered the Gates K080751. I just haven't seen too many people running the 74.5 belt with my set-up. If it wasn't such a struggle to get on I would think everything was all good. I'll give up 1/2lb. of boost to keep my pulley and blower in good shape. I wish someone else would chime in and tell me they had the same problem with the 74.5 and everything is ok. :shrug: I'm thinking with the n/s Gates belt if I was slipping at higher rpm this belt will take care of it. :??:

SVTspeed

Established Member
with a 2.8 what size belt? Also when u say get the 4 idlers - do u mean 4 lb or 4 pieces? And then the guy said with the 2.8 get a 2lb lower? Does lower pulley mean idler pulley?

SOrry for the questions new to the car.. but looking to do this asap as well as some people also

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
SVTspeed said:
with a 2.8 what size belt? Also when u say get the 4 idlers - do u mean 4 lb or 4 pieces? And then the guy said with the 2.8 get a 2lb lower? Does lower pulley mean idler pulley?

SOrry for the questions new to the car.. but looking to do this asap as well as some people also

The lower is the crank pulley, it is increased in size, while the blower pulley is decreased in size for more boost. The four piece idler set and the right belt combination can all be found HERE

SVTspeed

Established Member
I thought i was goin to get a 2.8 pulley with an idler pulley.. but now people have been saying geta combo upper with a lower ...

Users who are viewing this thread