BilletFlow IRS Cover Brace

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Do you guys tihnk it is worth it to buy the BilletFlow IRS Cover Brace? I do not take the car to the drag strip, and I run street tires. My mods are in my sig. I just read some of the horror stories about the cover breaking and it got me worried. Let me know.

Cobra Kai

Never Dies
Established Member
I run a Steeda brace on a dedicated street car. This is a weakpoint in terms of engineering design, especially with gears. To fully address the inherent design limits, get a diff brace, bushings, and the HD diff crosbrace from the Cobra R. Just $.02. :)

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
Definately worth getting. The differential cover is nothing more than Cast Aluminum. A good wheel hop could bust it if the conditions are right. Just set aside an afternoon to pt it on, it is a pain in the butt.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
I went out and got mine (Steeda) immediately after seeing a diff cover get shredded. It is well spent $$$ IMO

RoyWoods

Established Member
01_BLK_COBRA said:
Do you guys tihnk it is worth it to buy the BilletFlow IRS Cover Brace? I do not take the car to the drag strip, and I run street tires. My mods are in my sig. I just read some of the horror stories about the cover breaking and it got me worried. Let me know.

I put my Billetflow on at the same time as I did my gear swap. If you've got the time and the money, I think you should get it. Definitely get the Billetflow. Also, if you don't already have their IRS subframe brackets, order them at the same time (b/c you'll eventually want to get them) and you'll save some shipping $. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread