Billetflow IRS Bracket for 03/04 Cobra NEW

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Kysnake03 said:
Hey Dustin, I think you bought the diff. cover. These were support brackets that were 50$ new.

Nope, he's right...Doug made us some cover braces that were $120 advance purchase and $150 to the slackers that came along later. Laurel Mtn Mustang sells a totally inferior knockoff that's not even worth installing for $89 on fleabay.

Doug's diff cover was solid billet aluminum and was $1000.

In looking at your pic, all I see are bags of bolts that came with the Billetflow bracket. Doug's bracket for us looked like this:

BFBracket.jpg

Doesn't matter now anyway...it's sold.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Yep, educate us. I'm VERY familiar with the IRS, I even know who the Tier 1 supplier was for the IRS to Ford...but I don't know what the IRS BRACKETS are. There are 2 as an attachment method to the car...but Doug doesn't usually mess with stuff like that. We didn't have any failures on those brackets.

Soooooooo...do tell.

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
so what does it do? If you get the IRS bracket? what part of the car does it strengthen and do we really need it? Very good explanation by the way :burnout:

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
They don't do anything, they aren't in the line of shear that the IRS would generate except in a 1500 RWHP car...but Doug has done a super job of selling them. If I could invest $5 in something and sell it for $50, you bet I would do it too.

We had the one bolt that rubs the tire problem solved 2 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread