billetflow idler bearings

twhitey

Established Member
Has anyone else had problems with bearing failures? They said I can send them back and they will replace the bearings or buy each bearing for 9 dollars.
Is there another option? Anyone replaced them on their own.

03yellow

Established Member
I have had 3 set of bearings on my idlers so far. 2 from billetflow and 1 set of timken. This last set is from Oreillys Auto parts ...... sorry but I cant find the part.

Last edited:

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
May I ask how long you had these on the car and how many miles? Looking for a set of Billetflow idlers. do other brands such as steeda etc last longer?

Black306

Established Member
I have had 3 set of bearings on my idlers so far. 2 from billetflow and 1 set of timken. This last set is from Oreillys Auto parts ...... sorry but I cant find the part.

SKF part number is 62032RSJ. I haven't needed one, but I checked one out. It looks like it has the same specs. The same part number is listed as a replacement alternator drive bearing in some Ford applications, so it should have no problems being in idlers.

cobracide

Established Member
Metco Motorsports 4-Piece Idler Kit w/Dual Ball Bearing Idlers
Reichard Racing 03-04 Cobra Ultra Grip SC Pulley (Eaton)

twhitey

Established Member
I have less than 2k miles on them and bought them in April. I wish I would have went with dual bearing idlers.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
:pop:

interesting info though..

i thought my squeak was from bad bearing but had it looked @ so i leaning toward the belt

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
10,000 miles on my Billetflow Idlers...no problems and they look like new...however, I hear more people have issues with them, but it's not a big deal, putting a new bearing in...

twhitey

Established Member
5.40 for a new bearing and 20 mins of my time. I am amazed such a little part can cause such an amount of noise to make my cobra sound like a POS driving down the road. Thanks for everyones help.

Heater

Just Bolt On's
Established Member
If anybody has the part number for auto store replacement bearings, that would be nice for those of us that haven't had to replace ours yet.

I just bought a Steeda Idler pulley and the bearings that comes with it looks like cheap Chinese bearings.

Users who are viewing this thread