Billetflow Hub Install Help

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Hey guys. I went to install my Billetflow hub. Don't have the fancy expensive tool. I used a socket, washer, and a couple 8mm bolts of different lengths.

Went on nicely by hand till about halfway. Then got tough. So, broke out the 1/2" impact. That took it on about 3/4 the way until the stainless bolt snapped. Lucky for me, there was enough sticking out that I was able to tack weld a nut to the broken bolt. Came right out.

So, went and bought a grade 8.8 bolt. Held up the socket, placed washer up on socket end, threaded bolt in. Grabbed impact. Wouldn't go on any further. Started to bend in the washer to the point my impact socket wouldn't grab anymore. Was afraid it was going to break bolt again.

Thought about trying one more time with the socket, washer, and a new bolt. Only this time thinking about carefully throwing some heat into hub using my oxy/acetylene torch turned down real low. Focusing on getting the heat into the hub and not on the blower shaft.

Any ideas on if you think this will or will not work? Any other ideas? I have a couple 2 and 3 jaw pullers if I need to remove hub to start again. But it only needs to go on about another 8th inch to be completely flush with blower shaft.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Get the correct tool and do the job correctly.

And also by the way I'd be a little worried you knocked the timing off on your rotors using a 1/2" impact on the snout of your blower. Might want to spin it by hand first or listen closely the next time you start it up.

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Blower is not mounted on car at the moment. I've spun it by hand a thousand times already since I used the impact. Also, I failed to mention that I regulated my air pressure to 60psi when using it. It was enough to hammer the impact, but wasn't too hard. But obviously hard enough to snap a small 8mm bolt and bend a thin washer.

Right tool for the job. Friend of mine has a friend that has the correct tool. Gonna go have him hook me up. Pull it off and put on correctly. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks tho.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Always use a little lube to install the pulley. Not much but it'll help tremendously and will not slip when installed.

Users who are viewing this thread