Billetflow 4 Pulley Idler Kit Issue

falcon50

Established Member
On my '03 with a Kenne Bell 2.6H the serpentine belt has walked off 1 rib towards the front on the blower pulley and shredded that front rib.
The alignment looks good but all the Billetflow pulleys have allot of play like the bearings have gone bad.
I only have 4K miles on the build.
Could these loose pulleys cause the belt to walk?

oldmodman

Established Member
If the pulleys are the single bearing ones, and you have very tight belt tension, it is just barely possible that that the bearing has worn already and is showing side slop.

Take the belt off and try to rock each pulley side to side. if it shows ANY movement the bearing should be changed.

And to prevent this from happening in the future switch to double bearing pulleys. If they are already double bearing pulleys you could still have on with both bearings shot. Just much less likely.

falcon50

Established Member
If the pulleys are the single bearing ones, and you have very tight belt tension, it is just barely possible that that the bearing has worn already and is showing side slop.

Take the belt off and try to rock each pulley side to side. if it shows ANY movement the bearing should be changed.

And to prevent this from happening in the future switch to double bearing pulleys. If they are already double bearing pulleys you could still have on with both bearings shot. Just much less likely.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, it is tight belt tension and they are single bearing.
They do rock side to side so I was going to order the UPR double bearing pulleys from Lethal today.

Users who are viewing this thread