Billet Specialties Street Lite Wheels

Grabberblumaico

Established Member
Hi, I am thinking of buying Billet Specialties Street Lite Wheels for my Brembo brake car. Has any one installed them ? Was there any clearance issues front or rear? I am thinking of 17 X 4.5 front and 15 X10" rear. I already have relocation brackets on rear sway bar. Thank you for any help..

wile2k

Established Member
I just ordered some for my car. I actually went through the entire process with Billet Specialties taking all of the measurements in order to get them to let me know where they fit and where they don't. I specifically was spec'ing for 17" front and rear, so keep that in mind (I didn't look into hoop clearance in the rear, but some people have reported on the 15" wheels that it is tight).

The main area that mine (2012 GT, standard brakes) was going to have trouble with is with the mounting pad to brake caliper interference. BS wheels have 5/8" clearance, and my measurements indicated that I needed a tiny amount more than that in the rear (about 1mm will have to be ground off of the caliper if I did the measuring right) and for the front I had a bigger problem (about 6mm) which is ok since I wanted a 5mm spacer to get the wheel where I want it. So I expect (we'll see by this weekend if I'm correct) to have to grind a minimal amount off of each caliper. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

With a 15" rear and Brembo brakes, I think that you are going to have more significant issues. Only way to know for sure is to get out there, measure everything, and then ask BS where it fits and where it doesn't. It definitely isn't plug and play like it is with other brands.

Good Luck.

Grabberblumaico

Established Member
Love the Billet specialties look, but decided to keep my set up..Welds fit Brembos with no spacers, or issues. Thanks for your imput and help..

Users who are viewing this thread