Billet oil pump gears

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
A LOT of companies make billet oil pump gears and they've become pretty expensive. I think there a MUST HAVE especially if your rebuilding an engine or have the front timing cover off...

I'm currently building my own Teksid block with a custom set of billet pistons so I wanted to also replace the stock oil pump gears. The company I chose may not ring a bell but, rest assured, they know there stuff. Boundary Engineering was my choice for a set of billet oil pump gears. I only paid $199 for them and there starting to make a name in the mod-motor world. Boundary is in the oil pump business so there no stranger to it. I know a few high HP guys running these billet gears with no issues at all. Take a look at this video I made.

And NO, they did not pay me to do this. I just like to help out companies that have a great product.
www.boundarypumps.com

[youtube_browser]rgobDWLCCLM[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Here are a couple of ideas to augment the pump upgrade. The pathway has some nasty sharp corners the torrent of oil flow needs to deal with.

old

Boss50blockoilpumpoutputgalleryunpo.jpg

new

Boss50blockoilpumpinlet_zps5273943d.jpg

46MMRoilpumppolished1-1_zps80c1106a.jpg

46MMRoilpumppolished2.jpg

old

MMRoilpumpoutletunmodified1.jpg

new(er) before polishing

MMRoilpumpoutletgrinding1.jpg

also good idea to check the clearance between the gerotor and the backing plate which can be done with a feeler gauge which I think is suppose to be .001-.002". Too little clearance run the gears together over 600 grit and perhaps 1200 grit to polish over a flat plate. Too much clearance sand the housing using the same method. Use blue locktite on the screws.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
^^^ Very nice modifications. I agree with what you've done to the housing as well as the engine block. My oil pump is still out so I may just open things up a bit to decrease the bottlenecks.

SlowSVT

Established Member
^^^ Very nice modifications. I agree with what you've done to the housing as well as the engine block. My oil pump is still out so I may just open things up a bit to decrease the bottlenecks.

If you check the shimming confirm the clearances I posted. If .001" is too close that would not be good.

Users who are viewing this thread