Billet Flow Idlers

d-nice

Established Member
I wanted to know if I would need to get another length belt if I change out all three idlers on my 03 Cobra, to the billet flow 92mm pieces (BF-92IDLERPULLEY). The stocks are 90mm and the BF are 92mm which is about 1/4 of an inch.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
No, the stock belt should be just fine when just swapping the factory 90's for the Billetflow 92's. Let us know if we can help you further.

Thanks.

DICobra

Established Member
I ordered mine today from Lethal, can't wait to install the idlers. So the stock belt is fine to use with the 4 idlers (1-92mm, 3-100mm)? I already have the 2.8 pulley on my car right now. How hard is it to install them? What tools do you need to install? Sorry to ask, newbie :(

d-nice

Established Member
I just got mine in the mail yesterday. The blue is darker than I expected. I think all that is involved is lossening the belt tensioner and unscrewing the bolts on each idler. I read on here (Terminator FAQs)when tightnig the bolt it should be torqued at 18ft lbs

DICobra

Established Member
I just got mine in the mail yesterday. The blue is darker than I expected. I think all that is involved is lossening the belt tensioner and unscrewing the bolts on each idler. I read on here (Terminator FAQs)when tightnig the bolt it should be torqued at 18ft lbs

How long did it take to install them? Is it hard to take off the belt?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The belt is not hard to get off the pulleys if you're just doing an idler swap. The tensioner is spring loaded, so all you need to do is attach a ratchet to the tensioner, release the tension, and remove the belt from one pulley, that should give you the slack needed to perform the swap.

d-nice

Established Member
How long did it take to install them? Is it hard to take off the belt?

I'm going to install them on Sunday I think that it should take no longer than 1/2 hour or so. The only thing that looks like it may be a problem is the getting the belt around the alternator pulley. But I'm not replacing the belt so it should be fairly easy.

DICobra

Established Member
I'm going to install them on Sunday I think that it should take no longer than 1/2 hour or so. The only thing that looks like it may be a problem is the getting the belt around the alternator pulley. But I'm not replacing the belt so it should be fairly easy.

Are you using your stock belt with the 4 idlers?

d-nice

Established Member
I'm only using three idlers. Only to replace the stocks. I have the stock blower pulley for now and don't need the extra tension pulley(4th pulley).

Users who are viewing this thread