Bike crash stats??

DarkHelmet22

KEEP FIRING A**HOLES
Established Member
Does anybody know of a web site that has stats on motorcycle crashes/deaths and things of that nature? I want a bike and the wife wont let me have one:( . Just wanted to see actually how many people die each year and what kind of bike they were riding.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Do you really think any statistics are going to change her mind? You'll have better luck driving your STi recklessly and convincing her that a motorcycle wouldn't be much more dangerous...:burnout:

--T.J.

DarkHelmet22

KEEP FIRING A**HOLES
Established Member
TJSwoboda said:
Do you really think any statistics are going to change her mind? You'll have better luck driving your STi recklessly and convincing her that a motorcycle wouldn't be much more dangerous...:burnout:

--T.J.
No the stats were no for argument I just wanted to know myself. I dont think anything will change her mind. I just dont think they are as dangerous as she thinks thats if you are smart and were all you protective gear.

MattP 343

Established Member
DarkHelmet22 said:
- I just dont think they are as dangerous as she thinks thats if you are smart and were all you protective gear.

I was watching a show on SPEED and some biker said besides a helmet, protective gear is only good for giving you a false sense of security. :rolling:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i've taken care of many people who's lives will NEVER be the same due to motorcycle crashes, and i don't even see the D.O.A.'s. almost every crash i've encountered has one of the two in common--alcohol, or another motorist who pulled out on/cut off/etc. the motorcycle.
i'll never get on a bike. it doesn't matter how good you are at riding, its impossible to avoid a car that comes out of nowhere.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
While never having ridden a motorcycle myself, I'm told the key to avoiding what you described is to ride like you're invisible; NEVER assume another driver sees you. Even if you're sure they see you, err on the side of defensive driving anyway; my dad avoided a collision with a conversion van once where the driver knew he was there, but still took a turn too fast to stay in his lane and would have my dad if he hadn't hung back a little.

Of course the risk is still greater than driving a car for lack of protection. You can't enjoy life living inside a plastic bubble, though; with proper training, the risk associated with riding a motorcycle is an acceptable risk.

--T.J.

Users who are viewing this thread