BIGGS and littles

03VenomBite

Established Member
This has come up a hundred times but I wanted to run a big little setup on my 03 cobra. Other than bogart and weld, what other companies make rims that run on the cobra without any modifications. A wheel spacer would be fine to have to use. Don't like the idea of having to put on longer stud though.

Also what is a good tire size to run on a stock geared rearend and stock t-56?
26" or 28" or other?

Is a 15" front and 16" the best for stock cobra brakes? Thats what I have.

Thanks guys!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I would highly suggest getting a new set of studs as the factory studs will have issues holding any aftermarket big/little setup. I have run into issues with the factory studs on drag radials.

I prefer a 28" setup but it depends. My current rear tire is 27.6".

jdgt03

Established Member
Im about to do the same thing, u can look at centerline, weld, billet specialties, and bogart. I think im goin with billet specialties just to be a little different. I see welds everywhere and bogarts cant be used on the street. And if u are using the stock gear i would go 26 on the back. But that could be debated.

wickedsnake03

KB blown
Established Member
I run the billet specialties street lites on mine. i am no longer a IRS car but I did have these wheels on my car when it was still IRS. However you will have to grind some on the tierod end to make them fit. As well as run a 1in. spacer up front. Also you really do wanna go with a set of ARP wheel studs. Here is a pic of my car when it was still IRS.

Fronts are 15X3.5 with a 1 inch spacer.

Rears are 15X8 4.5 backspacing with a Hoosier QTP 27X11.50X15. I also now run a 3.73 gear in my solid.

0829091217.jpg

wickedsnake03

KB blown
Established Member
What tire size and suspension set up is in the pic?

In the pic I forget the front tire size and would have to check later. The rears are hoosier QTP size 27X11.50X15.

Suspension at the time of that pic was stock shocks and springs front and back. With lower only MM poly isolators front and rear. Car has since changed and is now a solid rear car

Users who are viewing this thread