Biggest sports legend

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
So NESN in Boston did a bracket style poll on who is Boston's biggest sports legend and fittingly, Bobby Orr was the winner. (No brainer really) A lot of great athletes have played in Boston but the only real competition I saw was from Ted Williams but Orr is just on his own level.
Heres what it looked like.

Boston's Biggest Sports Legend - New England Sports Network - NESN.com

So who would be your cities biggest sports legend? I think there are some that stand out to me.
New York - Babe Ruth
Pittsburgh - Mario Lemieux
Chicago - Michael Jordan
Then theres cities where absolutely nobody stands out........... Like Philadelphia. :loser:

BlownAway05

Established Member
^LOL

Tampa- ?????? Hmmm, we did have Steve Young for a little while before we traded him to the 9ers, he played terribly in Tampa but was awesome in San Fran, does that count??

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
Edit. Nvm, misunderstood the title. Though u meant all sports. Not just baseball.

Last edited:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Biggest Legend in sports history:

Hercules?

He's a legend in the purest form of the word.

In modern history, I'd have to say Pele, since soccer is still the biggest sport in the world.

In American Sports history, it is Babe Ruth, it could've been Jordan if he hadn't decided
to be a failure at baseball in the middle, Ali is up there too.

mysterio

Established Member
So NESN in Boston did a bracket style poll on who is Boston's biggest sports legend and fittingly, Bobby Orr was the winner. (No brainer really) A lot of great athletes have played in Boston but the only real competition I saw was from Ted Williams but Orr is just on his own level.
Heres what it looked like.

Boston's Biggest Sports Legend - New England Sports Network - NESN.com

So who would be your cities biggest sports legend? I think there are some that stand out to me.
New York - Babe Ruth
Pittsburgh - Mario Lemieux
Chicago - Michael Jordan
Then theres cities where absolutely nobody stands out........... Like Philadelphia. :loser:

Completely agree that Orr takes it in Boston, hands down.

To be fair to Philly, you gotta admit that Bobby Clarke and Bernie Parent lifted that franchise to the mainstream. Are they bigger heroes than Mike Schmidt? Quite possibly, at least to the hockey crowd.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Completely agree that Orr takes it in Boston, hands down.

To be fair to Philly, you gotta admit that Bobby Clarke and Bernie Parent lifted that franchise to the mainstream. Are they bigger heroes than Mike Schmidt? Quite possibly, at least to the hockey crowd.

I'm not too into hockey so I really don't know the significance of those two. Schmidty is probably the most loved Philly sports hero of all time.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Babe Ruth is the biggest sports legend period. you can ask total morons who babe ruth was and they can tell you who ruth was and who he played for.

doesnt hurt that the guy was a total badass either.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Babe Ruth is the biggest sports legend period. you can ask total morons who babe ruth was and they can tell you who ruth was and who he played for.

doesnt hurt that the guy was a total badass either.

Same goes for Jordan though

Raven519

Established Member
Ruth, Jordan and Gretzky are probably the top here in North America...but in the World, i'd go with Pele.

Users who are viewing this thread