Biggest Shot?

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I heard you don't really need the jets. You'll get a lot more power just running it straight out of the lines...

albino96

Established Member
But... jsut so we don't all seem like dicks...

You can run a 75 shot safely and a tune is up to you. You don't really need one, but I would feel safer with one. Many say you can run up to 100 shot untuned but you may want ot at least get your a/f checked out. Some people on here run a 150 shot (tuned) and they seem to be ok. I would say that is the max. I probably wounldn't run over 100 though. JMO.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
But... jsut so we don't all seem like dicks...

You can run a 75 shot safely and a tune is up to you. You don't really need one, but I would feel safer with one. Many say you can run up to 100 shot untuned but you may want ot at least get your a/f checked out. Some people on here run a 150 shot (tuned) and they seem to be ok. I would say that is the max. I probably wounldn't run over 100 though. JMO.

what a nice guy.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
lol at everyone but yes if you upgrade the fuel system you can run up to a 150. Some do it untuned but for anything over a 100 i would get a tune(personal preference) and get colder plugs

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
biggest i've heard of would be a 150 without complications. Then again, no one i know has cared to push it when it comes to possibly blowing your engine.

maybe 200 with a really good tune. (and balls of steel)

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I'll be running a 125 shot, but mine's going to be fully tuned and set up properly. I wont ever run N20 without a tune. Even if it's only a small shot. I'm not going to blow my 3rd motor anytime soon.. :read:

fourvalvegt

Established Member
150 shot with a good fuel system and at least get the af checked. and if you dont want to run a chip either get a timing adjuster or msd dis 4 to pull the timing

albino96

Established Member
what about with a fully built motor?

You can run as much as the motor will allow. Whatever you build it to. The problem is a lot of the basic kits won't spray over a 150 shot. I know the zex kit is only good to 150. You would have to get some beefed up solenoids and such. I have heard of a 500 shot on an all out drag car...

epracmetcon

Established Member
I have been running 100shot all year, stock fuel system. TR6 plugs gapped at .035 and 2 degrees timing backed out above 3k rpms. Runs hard as ****.

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
I have been running 100shot all year, stock fuel system. TR6 plugs gapped at .035 and 2 degrees timing backed out above 3k rpms. Runs hard as ****.

That is all a friend of mines has on his 100 shot and he's had it on the car since 40k, I was with him hitting the nitrous when he cracked 100k and it's STILL running strong as hell!

fourvalvegt

Established Member
its perfectly safe as long as you have everything set up correctly and know how to use it i dont understand why so many people are afraid of spraying it

Users who are viewing this thread