bigger turbo or not

03_stanger

Established Member
Ok guys I am in a little predicament. I don’t know if I want or need a bigger turbo for my car and for intended goals for it.

Ok here is my setup tell me what you think.

Built cobra motor, bottom end is bullet proof
Ported heads with bronze guides
Ported intake
Turbo cams
C4 tranny 3500 stall with tranny brake
Solid axle
Wolfe race craft suspension
Roll cage
GAY kirkey race seats with rear seat delete
Custom single turbo kit Precision 76mm 96 A.R. housing
All other little things I need fuel etc……

My problem is I want to run 9s at my current location which sucks. I know at sea level I will run 9s but here maybe 9.99. Or 10s but I do not want to spend 30k to run 10s I am sure you guys feel the same.

Its also a street car but not my DD if I do take it out on the street it wont break my heart if it isn’t as fast as the 76 would have been on pump gas, that’s why god invented race gas for me. So recommend a better turbo for me guys if I need one that is.

:read: i did use search button bye the way :burn:

SVTboy

Established Member
LOL... So you haven't even tried out this combo yet and your curious if you need a new turbo???????????????? What you need to do is run the car and see what it does right now. Even at your altitude that turbo can put you where you want to be, trust me....
I think the biggest factor out of your list that will hold you back is the converter....

SVTboy

Established Member
Probly need a bigger stall dont I.

Are you serious????? The looser the converter is on the bottom, the looser its going to be on the top.

More slip equals less power to the tire. Sure, a looser converter will bring you into boost sooner on the transbrake but what do think its going to do on the big end???????????

If it was a 4r70w with a lock up converter you could get away with a higher stall....

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I'm not too in tune with automatics yet as this is my first built one, but wouldn't a lock up converter handle that?

SVTboy

Established Member
I edited my post above, should have been more clear.....

We are talking about a C4 tranny..... Yes, if it was a lock up converter for a 4r70w you can make the stall loose but still have it tight on the top by locking the converter....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread