Bigger Pedal Pads

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
Does anyone else hate those dinky little pedal pads on the clutch/brake? That ricer bling-bling metal stuff on them where there's supposed to be rubber adds insult to injury.

I think that if the pad was a bit bigger the clutch wouldn't have such a stiff feel to it. Is there someone that makes a bigger pedal pad to put on them? Something about the size of the brake pad on an automatic brake pedal would be perfect, though I don't know if you could ever make two of them fit next to each other in a brake-clutch setup.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If you don't want the metal inlays; just swap 'em out for regular GT rubber pads. They're not any bigger; but it will get you a smooth rubber surface without the bling.

Then; you could run BBK or Steeda pedal covers (they screw into the rubber if I recall). They're much larger and allow for easier heel/toe maneuvers. I'm sure it would be better to drill/screw them directly to the metal backing though.

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
They Steeda covers are bigger? Great! I thought they were the same size by looking at the pictures. I'll check 'em out a little more closely.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
You can't just add the steeda's to the stock cobra/bullitt pedals. They are meant to be affixed to stock v6/gt pedals by ripping off their rubber cover and drilling into the medal pedal. BTW did this on my 98 and they look like crap IMO. So do the bbk's...

03zycobra

Established Member
Saleen also makes a set if you don't mind the pedals saying Saleen on them. The're larger, black and designed so your foot doesn't slide of when your soles of your shoes are wet.

Last edited:

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
i'll buy your stock pedal covers if you decide to swap them out.

I'm planning on keeping all of my take-offs so I can put the car back to stock. When I'm old it will go for bazillions on Barrett-Jackson as an "unmolested orginal." :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread