Bigger Fuel Rails

04HRW

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!
Established Member
I just wanted to know how many of you terminator guys are using after market fuel rails. I think my KB cobra is getting to much fuel.:uh oh:

SVTContique

Why would your KB be getting to much fuel? Use your tuner and give it less..

If you mean to little fuel then what fuel pump are you running? What boost?

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
My 2.2 was getting to little fuel. I went with twin gt pumps, all upgraded braided lines, and i think they are CPR rails that are made to fit the KB.

04HRW

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!
Established Member
I have a KB 2.2,60 pound injectors,Driver module upgrade,cpr fuel rails,18#'s boost, and a -8AN fuel line upgrade. The reason I ask is because when I open the garage door it smells like fuel very strongly. It starts like Sh.t and smokes till it clears out. When I'm going threw the gears slowly its fine. But when i get on it and go threw the gears. For some reason when I hit 4th gear it cuts out for a second and sputters and then comes on again. Just wondered if you guys had any ideas. I'm taking it to sgs when I get the cash saved.

Last edited:

UCBeau

get a good tune on the car

did you delete the PPRV

and for god's sake, figure out that the Pics & Vids section of this site is not the place for tech.

Almo

Established Member
^^^ He said it... PPRV, this will help fix the hesitation between shifts.

Returnless is always going to stink up the car some. :thumbsup:

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
04HRW said:
I have a KB 2.2,60 pound injectors,Driver module upgrade,cpr fuel rails,18#'s boost, and a -8AN fuel line upgrade. The reason I ask is because when I open the garage door it smells like fuel very strongly. It starts like Sh.t and smokes till it clears out. When I'm going threw the gears slowly its fine. But when i get on it and go threw the gears. For some reason when I hit 4th gear it cuts out for a second and sputters and then comes on again. Just wondered if you guys had any ideas. I'm taking it to sgs when I get the cash saved.

the -8 line will let soem fuel smell out. That was the first think I noticed about mine after the fuel upgrade also. Mine also does the same thing as you described above....starts bad, spits and sputters, back fires a little and smokes. It does this till the engine warms up to close to 100 degrees. Mine also has the same with the cut out between gears. Mine is at the shop now for the KB to be rebuilt. It spun a bearing. He is supppose to look into the above problems while he has it. I do have gt pumps, kb BAP, and deleted PPRV. I dont know what is up with mine? Anyone got any help for us guys?

GodStang

Established Member
I am running CPR fuel rails and at over 700 rwhp I am no where near running out of fuel!!

joshgengine.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread