BIG viper alarm problem

2k3gt

Established Member
So, I just got my Viper Responder 350 installed today at best buy, and it seemed to work great. Then I started realizing the major problem once I got it home. After arming it, the alarm goes off every half hour or so...for no reason! The sensitivity isn't too high, because I can hit it pretty hard with my hand and it won't even activate the warning beeps. So what do you guys think?..did the guy at best buy just mess up the insall?..or is this possibly something that can be fixed by possibly resetting the system? Any help is appreciated.

2k3gt

Established Member
Your problem was having best buy touch your vehicle.

They installed the sound systems and security systems in my 2 previous cars perfectly...I know that if I do end up having to bring it back to them, they'll fix whatever's wrong for free. Just trying to get some imput first.

LaFlavor

Established Member
On my old mustang GT I had a similar problem. Turned out that the computer in the car ran some diagnostic check or something about 15 min after I turned it off...at least that's what the installer said...who knows? Every time it ran the check, it tripped the alarm.

2k3gt

Established Member
On my old mustang GT I had a similar problem. Turned out that the computer in the car ran some diagnostic check or something about 15 min after I turned it off...at least that's what the installer said...who knows? Every time it ran the check, it tripped the alarm.

Well were you able to fix it? lol ..I really hope that the solution isn't to go have the alarm ripped out and just be stuck with the factory one..

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

That is exactly the problem.. The computer sends spikes to the Body Control Module after about 20 minutes...

I wish I could remember how I remedied it.. It IS fixable..

2k3gt

Established Member
That is exactly the problem.. The computer sends spikes to the Body Control Module after about 20 minutes...

I wish I could remember how I remedied it.. It IS fixable..

Thanks man, I'll mention this to the guy at best buy when I bring it in tomorrow :beer:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I wish I could remember what I used to do to fix it.. I installed alarms for about 6 years, but haven't done it in a few years now..

I think it had something to do with pulsing one of the doorpins..

2k3gt

Established Member

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Thank you so much man, I'm headin out to best buy in a couple hours and I'll print out that diagram to show the installer. I REALLY appreciate it! :beer:

No problem.. If he has any issues I can explain it more in detail, but the diagram should sum it up for him... He should only need a couple of diodes, because that alarm will only have a few input channels (trunk, 1 global door input etc)

Good luck

Jefe

Established Member
Had a Viper in my last GT as well and it would go off at night anywhere between 12-2am. Cant remember how many times, pissed me off. Shop couldnt figure it out...

Users who are viewing this thread