Big tranny leak.

DUMBASS

Banned
My car has been sitting for about 2 weeks with out being driven. We finnally got some nice weather so i was going to take it out for a little spin. Fired it up and had it idling in the garage for about 5 minutes or so and have a huge puddle of fluid under the car. it is leaking from right under the front of the bell housing. it is a continuos flow of fluid not a slow drip. The fluid color is purple so my best guess is it is tranny fluid. Pretty sure it was filled with royal purple last summer. anyone ever have this happen to them? if so what was the cause and needed repair?

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Throwout bearing retainer sleeve and the gasket behind the casing? That is where I am leaking a little bit on mine.

DUMBASS

Banned
i just replace the TOB sleeve and stuff last year. This thing is leaking like nothing i have ever seen before. Only thing i can compare it too is when a car loses the motor at the track and all the coolant runs out.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
yeah it is purple. it looks clear leaking so i put a glass underneath and cuaght it. definitly purple. which makes sense since i have royal purple fluid in the trans.

haha. ok. I was just curious.

How big around is the puddle? Its annoying how a few ounces can make a huge puddle..

DUMBASS

Banned
haha. ok. I was just curious.

How big around is the puddle? Its annoying how a few ounces can make a huge puddle..

its huge. from the front of the bell housing to the rear tires and about 2 ft wide. after it had been leaking i put a cup under it to catch it. maybe a 8-10 ounce cup and it filled in a matter of a few minutes.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Pull you shifter and see if you can see any fluid.

Sounds like it's leaking from the input shaft/tob sleeve area. I'm assuming it's the area between the bell and the tranny and not the bell and the block? (bc it sounds like you are describing the area between the bell housing and the block)

Users who are viewing this thread