Big thanks to Ken Bjonnes and PBH...

2012csgt

Established Member
Well I finally took the plunge and replaced my 80lb injectors with ID 1000s ( from Beefcake of course ) and was fortunate enough to have it dyno tuned at Power by the Hour by non other then Ken Bjonnes. Let me start by saying this was probably one of the best things I have done in a long time to the car and I wish I would of done it way sooner. The car feel, drives, and idles absolutely perfect. Makes great, safe power and I really wish I had dealt with this group of people from the very start when I got my mustang.

Ken is quite the perfectionist. He made sure everything was PERFECT in my tune before he was done. He drove in it with me to make sure I was happy with everything....throttle response which is awesome, the shifting and shift pressure, which shifts really smooth, and like stock until you lay into it, to making sure it idles without flaw. The idle does not surge, jump around, hunt, stall, nothing ... just purrs at a cool 750rpm.

Also power wise I am really happy with the outcome. All numbers are SAE and with a base tune and a stock pulley it made 591 hp 448 tq. Not bad. We put the 3.48 pulley on ( Stock is a 3.60 ) and Ken went to work his magic and we got 647 hp and 491 tq. SAE. granted it was hot as hell out and raining on and off....or I could of taken the STD number. on 0 smoothing, with mph based and the numbers were ALOT higher. But I wasnt concerned to much about the numbers ( as the track will tell the tale ) as I was drive-ability, idle, throttler response, and safety, if I got a slightly bad tank of 93 oct.

Overall I feel the car is finally complete now and I love driving it. Maybe the first of the year I will go return style fuel system and E85, but for now its perfect.

Big thanks to beefcake for an awesome deal on the ID 1000s, Frank at Power by the Hour for providing a professional, yet friendly facility, and to Ken Bjonnes for taking alot of his time to completely dial in my tune and provide me with a ton of knowledge along the way. This guy is really cool and really knows his shit.

st0e.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mxsrolgFUpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

1NA RUN

Established Member
Pbh and Ken are awesome. Your story is similar to mine. They know how to treat customers up there. I can't wait to add some more goodies to mine. Good luck and enjoy her!!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I had a great experience at PBH and they even got me lunch lol. KenB is great as well. btw you made really nice power. track in two weeks LOL

2012csgt

Established Member

Pbh and Ken are awesome. Your story is similar to mine. They know how to treat customers up there. I can't wait to add some more goodies to mine. Good luck and enjoy her!!

Thanks guys.

I had a great experience at PBH and they even got me lunch lol. KenB is great as well. btw you made really nice power. track in two weeks LOL

Thanks manolith. Yeah they offered me lunch too..lol....track in 2 weeks, hells yes. Just let me know when.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Thanks guys.

Thanks manolith. Yeah they offered me lunch too..lol....track in 2 weeks, hells yes. Just let me know when.

this friday i cant go because i am on call for work but the friday after this friday i will go for sure.

schecter

Established Member
Good numbers man. I need to start going to some meets and see some of these other high powered coyotes in person. The guys over at PBH are great, extremely knowledgable and willing to help. I wish I would have waited and went there first. Ken definitely is a perfectionist. He spent almost 2 days tuning and retuning mine after my engine rebuild. Car runs so much smoother and picked up almost 8 mpg more average. Also really cool guy

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Good numbers man. I need to start going to some meets and see some of these other high powered coyotes in person. The guys over at PBH are great, extremely knowledgable and willing to help. Ken definitely is a perfectionist. He spent almost 2 days tuning and retuning mine after my engine rebuild. Car runs so much smoother and picked up almost 8 mpg more. average

go to the track with us! im might need a ride home anyways LOL!

2012csgt

Established Member
this friday i cant go because i am on call for work but the friday after this friday i will go for sure.

I can go a week from Friday as well.

Good numbers man. I need to start going to some meets and see some of these other high powered coyotes in person. The guys over at PBH are great, extremely knowledgable and willing to help. I wish I would have waited and went there first. Ken definitely is a perfectionist. He spent almost 2 days tuning and retuning mine after my engine rebuild. Car runs so much smoother and picked up almost 8 mpg more average. Also really cool guy

I wish I would of waited and went to them first too. Nice setup you got there Schecter.. If you go to the track we will have a procharged car, a paxton car, and a vortech car. My brother has a nitrous car, we just need a turbo car and we are all set.

go to the track with us! im might need a ride home anyways LOL!

Hope not!

Congrats on the new tune

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread