Big speech tommorw, need some advice on explaining ci and other stuff in simple terms

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Hi all, I have a really big speech tommrow evening concerning a major project for my senior year in high school, and I chose progression of engines as my topic. I need a way to explain how you get a motors displacement in a way some women and non gearheads can halfway understand. Also, I am discussing steam engines and internal combustion engines if anyone wants to add to that. I will also be discussing why torquing main caps down is important and why you shouldn't go too tight because of the bearings and all. If anyone can help me I greatly appreciate it. If you guys don't mind, tell me a way that can take the longest way possible as I have to talk for 6-8 minutes. Thanks!

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
show pictures. people told me it helped a lot when i gave a similar speech. and explain what they do, it may be a long speech but that will only help you.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
The following pictures I have on my board are:

2 before pictures
2 pictures painting it
1 picture of the crank in the block
1 picture of me torquing the bolts
1 of me ringing the pistons
1 of me dropping the pistons in
and the final product

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
90_red_lx said:
Hi all, I have a really big speech tommrow evening concerning a major project for my senior year in high school, and I chose progression of engines as my topic. I need a way to explain how you get a motors displacement in a way some women and non gearheads can halfway understand. Also, I am discussing steam engines and internal combustion engines if anyone wants to add to that. I will also be discussing why torquing main caps down is important and why you shouldn't go too tight because of the bearings and all. If anyone can help me I greatly appreciate it. If you guys don't mind, tell me a way that can take the longest way possible as I have to talk for 6-8 minutes. Thanks!

Nothing like putting it off to the last minute... The main topic and subs that you have chosen could be discussed for hours, not 6-8 minutes. Try starting with this: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine1.htm and see where that takes you.

Users who are viewing this thread