big screens anyone?

Steeltwo

Established Member
i'm going to buy a big screen soon.

so was looking for opinions and info
sooo

if you have one, could you answer a few questions?

why you purchase that type
size
and anything else that would be beneficial for someone that is going to purchase a new one.
(i know the types fyi)

cenwesi

Established Member
Get urself a project and a nice pc running SageTV or MCE and call it a day.... Much cheaper than the big screen you are thinking about buying.

steed76

Established Member
I bought a 55" hi-def widescreen Mitsubishi. I bought it because it was rated as one of the best. Its a great all around tv. killer to watch movies on. Definitly would buy another without thinking twice.

Calypso Vert

Established Member
My parents bought a 62 inch RCA probably close to 10 years ago. Definately was a great buy as it made put every other tv to shame. It made me want one of my own so I recently bought a Toshiba 42 inch flatscreen and love it. My advice would be to get the service warranty. It will pay for itself in the long run!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
2.5 years ago I got my 60" Sony Grand Wega XBR LCD HDTV. It has performed flawlessly and the picture is fantastic.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
steed76 said:
I bought a 55" hi-def widescreen Mitsubishi. I bought it because it was rated as one of the best. Its a great all around tv. killer to watch movies on. Definitly would buy another without thinking twice.

Same here and love it!!! :beer:

xprocharged

Established Member
two months ago i bought a hi def toshiba 52 DLP wide screen. lcd screen but a different way of projecting the picture. highly recommend it. depends on how much you wanna spend. i paid around 3200 for mine w/ warranty- but you can get a regular old projection big screen for 1500 or so. but if you see the picture next to a DLP or LCD youll prolly be willin to pay the extra. I wouldnt even trade mine for a big ass plasma

306Stang

Established Member
just get a projecter. u could spend 2 g's and get a very nice projecter then you could make the picture as large or as small as you like.

one of my buddies had one when i was in college, he set it up so that one of the walls (yes wall!!) was an entire picture. it was a bit overkill for an aptartment but if you sat in the right spots it was like you were at the movies!!!!

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I bought a used 61" RCA P61310 HDTV. It is Direct TV ready. No box needed. I love it except for one thing. I have alot (7-4'wx30'h) windows in the room. It needs to be dark in the room to get a realy sharp clear picture. Too much glair.

But hay for $1,000 I can't complain.

VegasPack

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
I was going to get a Samsung DLP, but now IM leaning towards a Plasma. wider FOV :thumbsup:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
I have a 53" Panasonic Projection. The picture rivals Lcd/DLP, but you can tell the difference in overall "color".

I am very pleased w/ every Panasonic Purchase I have made.

Although....... too much Halo has burned the radar onto my screen. :loser:

Edit - If you don't spend the same amount on a surround sound as you do the actual TV, you are not experiencing what you actually have!!!!!!

Last edited:

Friendchicken

Big Vito said:
I was going to get a Samsung DLP, but now IM leaning towards a Plasma. wider FOV :thumbsup:
I was looking at plasmas when I bought my TV and i had to say, the shadows were terrible and overall the brightness was sub-par. I got a Samsung DLP and never looked back. I compared it to plasmas, LCD, rear projection... High def looks awesome, the viewing angles are fantastic (even if you are at an exteme angle), the colours are vivid and clear. There is no oversaturation or bleeding. No screen door effect either.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
98kobra said:
I was looking at plasmas when I bought my TV and i had to say, the shadows were terrible and overall the brightness was sub-par. I got a Samsung DLP and never looked back. I compared it to plasmas, LCD, rear projection... High def looks awesome, the viewing angles are fantastic (even if you are at an exteme angle), the colours are vivid and clear. There is no oversaturation or bleeding. No screen door effect either.
Thats cool :) But overall I think that plasmas hold their own, My second option is a DLP :rockon: but from what I saw saturday. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread