Big problem

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
was driving to work this morning pulled outa the driveway and hit the gas (not to hard actually) and pulled onto the highway and heard a loud pop... sounded like a gunshot from my motor and then just started popping. Sounded a lot like a tractor or some big huge hillbilly truck. Pulled off the road and had my GFs dad come look at it and said it was alright to drive drove about 35 miles to the nearest Ford dealer and had them look at it.
Said I blew my #4 sparkplug out of my head and busted my fuelrail and was starting to leak fuel. so all in all its gona cost about 2060.00 to get it all fixed.

Anyone ever had this happen?!?!?

Taunto

Established Member
ive had my spark plug blow but not enough to break the fuel line... if ur gonna spend that kind of money to get it fixed it might be cheaper to go with stage 2 heads and cams.... just an idea.... shitty deal man... i know whats its like for that to happen

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
what year model truck?

this was a problem on some year models but never enough to break fuel lines like he^^ said

Last edited:

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Damm!! That sucks man!! That´s happened to me when I bought my Lightning in England! When you mean with the #4 sparkplug, that on the passenger side damm deep in the engine? That´s the one that blew out from my truck.
But i had more luck like you, the plug came out and take just the injector with! But nothing more would be destroyed thankfully!!

Is the thread in the head also damaged? Hopefully not!! But have understand that right, you drove your Lightning 35miles without the plug, the coil and with the damaged fuelrail?! Wow, the Lightning dosen´t rock on 4 cylinders!!! But hey, the Hemi guys pay a lot of money to have the cylinder deactivation ;-) !!

Hope that it all fixed fast!!

Greetings from Cologne / Germany

Chris

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
on my 00 i shot the plug out, but the coil pack just hit the rail..didn't break anything...besides the head.

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
I´ve got an 01 Modell, is the head-material better after 2000? Or the thread longer? Is there some parts out that hold the plug better? Like an insert or something like that? My thread was ok ( checked with a small cam and compression test... ) , I think the plug got loosen and then blew out at the right time as I was on the way home!

Chris

Red_Lightning22

Established Member
yeah its all the way in the back! and the whole port is just screwed... have to get a brand new head and everything... the Mechanic said he's never seen one break the fuelrail... so I guess Its one of a kind..

Im sure the 35mi didnt help much... Said it should have been blown up or burnt to the ground

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Hey, you must explain the stupid german guy what you mean with " timecert kit " and " lock-n-stitch " :beer:!!
BTW How much is the torque for the sparkplugs?

Thank you!

Chris

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Hey, you must explain the stupid german guy what you mean with " timecert kit " and " lock-n-stitch " :beer:!!

Thank you!

Chris

they are both threaded insert kits for your heads brother. Think of a threaded sleeve that screws into the hole in your head where the spark plug goes, then the spark plug threads into it. They both do the same thing its just lock-n-stitches self locking insert that Id prefer more.

As a matter of fact one of the guys on here is a LNS dealer or employee (i forget)

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Ah ok! Now I´ve understand what you mean! Thank you!!

I will search for one of these things! But do you have the torque for the plugs ? I think it will be better to check it regularly before something like that repeat!

Chris

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
was driving to work this morning pulled outa the driveway and hit the gas (not to hard actually) and pulled onto the highway and heard a loud pop... sounded like a gunshot from my motor and then just started popping. Sounded a lot like a tractor or some big huge hillbilly truck. Pulled off the road and had my GFs dad come look at it and said it was alright to drive drove about 35 miles to the nearest Ford dealer and had them look at it.
Said I blew my #4 sparkplug out of my head and busted my fuelrail and was starting to leak fuel. so all in all its gona cost about 2060.00 to get it all fixed.

Anyone ever had this happen?!?!?
Mods? Miles on engine?

203Cree

Established Member
Lucky you didn't burn it to the ground. That happened to a kid down in LA a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread