Big MAF / inlet setups _ 03/04 passenger side

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Hello Guys.. I'm making a few changes and am still using a possibly restrictive older JLT (non high boost) inlet with the 6" filter mounted in the fender. I'd like to redo my inlet and while I'm at it I've considered options for fabbing together a larger style inlet. I'm looking for any ideas / input -- A few MAF Housing options: (not including 140mm etc.) Filter Options
  • 5" inlet X 12" (not sure if this would fit) Haven't found a part number at this point
  • 5" inlet x 9" long (pretty common with GT500 guys)
MAF Options
  • HPX (capable of 1000+ in a 4.5"+ tube)
Piping Options Couplers
  • Not sure what will be required at this point - Filter should slide over 5" Piping (also housing MAF) - however, an adapter will be required to go from 5" to SBTB (any ideas?)
I'm just throwing some thoughts together in an attempt to put together an effective, functional, low cost larger diameter inlet to assure there are no inlet restrictions.

Also - Lyscholm offers an entire 123mm kit for around $600. This is designed for drivers side but I think this might could be utilized on the passengers side - part number 4LFR212-040

IF I decided to try to do a 5.5" / 140mm unit I think the key part would be the piping as it will have to "flatten" out near the throttle body in order to clear the hood, like so:

1463892_10151953919240139_1117289351_n.jpg

Please throw in any ideas / input / photos of your setup etc. ! thanks!

Last edited:

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
whats wrong with the JLT high boost? you maxing that out?

I don't have the JLT High boost, I have a little older style with the 6" filter.

It's hard to answer whether you're maxing something out or not until you replace it and either see or do not see gains.

I understand that the 2.2, its non mammoth inlet, and standard SBTB have their limits, however, I feel that assuring there are no inlet restrictions can only be beneficial.

This year I will be adding a set of Kooks long tubes, a set of comp 106500 cams (from Broke7,) and spinning the blower a little faster. On 110 octane I hope that this will make 650+

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I see what your doing and how the bends in the jlt cai can restrict you, as for maf I would run a ford oem maf (slot) in a bigger housing you get more range, I might buy 5" pipe and make a straight rai, with a maf flang welded to it, and 45* coupling to tb I'm sure there will be more fabing into it too.

Nolimit

Established Member
i also am looking a new intake for more air into the motor!!! i also have a older style JLT CAI fender unit. I am looking to upgrade to a larger supercharger and would like to get a huge intake with a huge MAF. If you happen to rig one up for your self, keep in mind i will be willing to pay for YOUR unit designed for OUR 03 cobra. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

03Steve

Established Member
For a 5" tube I would use the Pro-M 117 MAF, or a stock slot style MAF with extender for a more budget minded combo. The HPX in a 4.5-5" combo isn't the best choice.

Users who are viewing this thread