Big day today!

whippleblown03

Established Member
dvast8n said:
Got the passenger side header off and studs. Studs are showing in the picture below but I got them out. I didn't think I would ever use a 3/32 socket!

svt-install004.gif

Right now I'm battling the passenger side long tube! Went ALL day until now without yelling a swear word! :cuss: For the last hour I've been trying to get the long tube bolted up. I'm hold the collector with my left hand and manuevre the header in position and with my right hand, using my middle finger to line up the gasket and thread the stage 8 bolt with my thumb and index finger. :mj: Any tips are greatly appreciated because right now I've given up until my blood pressure comes down.

sigh...:rollseyes

drop the k-member or seek a therapist! you the man if you get it done .

Oxford Snake

Established Member
whippleblown03 said:
drop the k-member or seek a therapist! you the man if you get it done .

That's what I will be doing when the time comes, maybe even throw in a MM K member as the eventual goal is something that measures 76mm...

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Well I was bored tonight...got the rear springs installed. If only the headers were as easy as the rear springs.

I'll attempt it one more time tomorrow morning. If I can't get in the first 30 mins, I'll drop the K-Member. It was a real pain getting the passenger header in place. If dropping the k-member make this go faster than that's what I'll do.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
saleen09 said:
Yep. Just paid for my new wheels so these are up for grabs.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412629

Dvast8n has first dibs.... that is if he ever gets his headers on....

Hey, I'll drive out to Moses Lake ,help drop the K-Member AND deliver the wheels! LOL!
:lol:

I would take them in a heart beat if I had the cash on hand. Still working on selling my big ticket item on eBay.

mug11

Established Member
When it comes to working on my own car... i'm glad i have a 2v and a tubular K member. Makes life and long tubes a hell of a whole lot easier. But right now the shop is having fun with my baby...

Good luck bro! Dropping the K is your best bet, it'll free up a inch or 2.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I don't know why I didn't do this yesterday!

svt-install005.gif

Driver's side ...nice clear view!

svt-install006.gif

Passenger.... agghhh yes!

svt-install007.gif

Time for something cold to drink! :beer:

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I have a floor jack and 6-8" wide 2x4 across the front side of the oil pan lip where the oil pan bolts up to the block.

Time to grab something to eat. I got the bolts installed on passenger side. Not sure how people can get these long tubes installed with the K-Member in.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
The alternative is a special brace that attaches to each fender and the engine attaches to the brace with a chain.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Ran into my biggest problem. The last flange closest to the firewall on the driver's side was off by at least 1 bolt. I had to uninstall and reinstall the driver's side 4 times.

The next thing was to get the EGR tube to align and threaded on. Needless to say I didn't finish the install. I am very grateful that I did pull off the K member though!

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
All this just reaffims the fact that as long as I am running a positive displacement blower, I am NOT doing headers....:)

Good luck Aaron. We want completed pics!

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Back at work this morning, feels good to be sitting at my desk again! However I'm taking this afternoon off to put my car back together. I just need to finish tightening the driver's side header and put the K member back up and then I'm home free!

Users who are viewing this thread