Big Brake Options

phfelts

Established Member
I've got a track pack car, and I'm curious what sort of big brake kits are out there for the rear of our cars. I know I could pick up the parts for the GT500 rears, but does anyone else make a kit that matches with the factory brembos very well? For that matter, do any of the major companies make rear brake kits for these cars, it seems like all I ever see on most sites is front brake kits.

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
These?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-14-Musta...-V6-/151671817518?hash=item235058452e&vxp=mtr

I like that they are aluminum and don't require u to take off the axles. I was actually thinking about machining some brackets myself but needed a set to mock off of, this make things easier.

Yup that is the one. I asked earlier if anyone knew of any tricks to use other vehicle calipers but didnt' get any response. Back in the day I used 2003 Cobra brakes on my Lincoln Mark VIII, and I also remember something (or rather can't remember) about using Cadillac CTSV rear brembo's. When I used the Cobra brakes I used a very similar bracket to that ebay one on my rears. Allowed the use of the bigger rotors with the factory caliper.

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member
Yup that is the one. I asked earlier if anyone knew of any tricks to use other vehicle calipers but didnt' get any response. Back in the day I used 2003 Cobra brakes on my Lincoln Mark VIII, and I also remember something (or rather can't remember) about using Cadillac CTSV rear brembo's. When I used the Cobra brakes I used a very similar bracket to that ebay one on my rears. Allowed the use of the bigger rotors with the factory caliper.

I believe it's a floating vs fixed issue, not big vs small caliper issue.

RusWolf

Established Member
It would be nice to actually get a decent looking rear caliper instead of the ugly stock one. As far as i know, wilwood is the only company that makes rear brake kits for SRA mustangs however, the issue with them is that they are race calipers and do not have dust boots which MAY cause an issue to some users.

CobraRed_96_GT

Established Member
it's worth thousands of dollars to some people to have big calipers in the rear that aren't doing much of anything?

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Big rear brakes aren't that necessary due to the nature of the weight transfer but I can totally understand wanting to match them up for looks.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Well you could always put a set of those big fake caliper covers if you were only concerned about aesthetic matching. I saw a set the other day on a Cherokee.......I'm not a fan, especially not for what they cost

onefastmf

Established Member

califsp

Established Member
I used the ones from ncmustang parts and got the larger rotors from summit for $99 shipped. I don't think they're available.

BADBOSS

Established Member
Just installed the Steeda big brakes! Love the look and extra bite in the rear! Install took about 5 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread