Bias ply slick with stock clutch/motor

Phantom GTO

Established Member
I just bought a '14 GT and was wondering if the stock clutch is up for holding a launch on bias plies? I want to get baseline #'s for the car before I start modding! Also, I've been searching but it seems I am not looking in the right places to find wheel fitment info for the '14. What size wheel can I go with stock suspension? I'm looking at buying a dedicated drag wheel/tire setup (maybe jeg stars or similar). Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide a mustang newbie!

Punisher1401

Established Member
you can get a set of 15x8s for the rear, no modifications needed. If you go with 10 inch wide rears, you need the sway bar relocates. I ran that with 275 et streets , worked great!!

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Talked to Terry at Beefcake racing for some awesome prices on racestars. Like punisher said, 15x10 would require sway bar relocating kit but its not very expensive.

Cammed06

Established Member
Slicks are the way to go with manual, IMO... I had several 5500-6000 rpm drops on my '11, pulling the front wheels up, no issues at all, well, back then we found the single spring pedal assembly wasn't sufficient, so Ford worked that out with a dual spring one from the GT500's. I'm sure they're all fine as the years came by...

Cai, o/r mids, GT500 ab, BAMA tune, slicks and skinnies on the stock everything else went 7.40's 1/8 and 11.60's 1/4, only spare removed for weight reduction, and mine was a 3.31 gear car...

Phantom GTO

Established Member
Slicks are the way to go with manual, IMO... I had several 5500-6000 rpm drops on my '11, pulling the front wheels up, no issues at all, well, back then we found the single spring pedal assembly wasn't sufficient, so Ford worked that out with a dual spring one from the GT500's. I'm sure they're all fine as the years came by...

Cai, o/r mids, GT500 ab, BAMA tune, slicks and skinnies on the stock everything else went 7.40's 1/8 and 11.60's 1/4, only spare removed for weight reduction, and mine was a 3.31 gear car...

That's awesome! What did you trap?

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Slicks will keep you out of competing in street classes requiring DOT tires. I have an almost new set of ET Drags and will be selling them to go with the same size ET Streets (PM if you want a good deal on ET Drags). M/T tech says it is the same compound and not to expect much of a difference, if any. Sway bar relocation brackets are easy to install.

Users who are viewing this thread