Bias ply or drag radial?

91hatch

Established Member
I found an old set of 17inch wheels at my house to mount some tires on to take to the track. Just wanted to get some opinions on what most people think would work best. These tires will not see much street use mostly will just be used at the track my car is a 6 speed also. Just wondering if id be better getting some type of radial tire or mickey thompson has a 26 11.50 et street

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
If you are going to run radials on the front it is in your best interest to run them on the back also. Mickey Thomson just had a $50 rebate last month on them too. 275/60/15 ended up costin me $155 each!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If you are going to run radials on the front it is in your best interest to run them on the back also. Mickey Thomson just had a $50 rebate last month on them too. 275/60/15 ended up costin me $155 each!

This.

If you're running radials up front, run radials in the rear. Yuu get much better handling characteristics and stability at speed.

Now, if this is a track set of tires only, then I would go with the bias ply both front and rear. This will offer you the best performance from an R compound.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Ive ran bias ply on the rear with radials on the front for years. Granted that was on my Lightning but never had an issue. Also I know why they say not to mix them. I have recently switched to radials in the rear and have had great success. Radials will naturally have better driving manners due to having a stiffer sidewall.

91hatch

Established Member
Which will last longer? also would the bias ply be easier on the drive train from launching or will they both be about the same?

351inside

Established Member
Wow thats is cheap!
Wish I would have known, I would have picked up a set for when my et drags are gone

phatman

Established Member
watch the bias plys and radials in the front. My buddy hit the wall at Atco two weeks ago running that combo. the rear will get squirlly. He has a turbo C/S convert with 700 rwtq!

Users who are viewing this thread