Bi-xenon HID retrofit project finally finished

rmgtc01

Established Member
+1...I need to get these. Anyone thinking of starting a fabrication and selling them. You can make some good $$$$.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Looks and sounds really cool! Have you thought about some sort of HID set up for the fogs? Seems like I saw where someone in the Terminator seciton had done this . . .

2k1SilverSnake

Mostly stock...
Established Member
Those look awesome on your car! I first remember seeing HID's on the older really late 90's models Lexus LS and Mercedes SL classes w/o the projectors. You would think by 03 or 04, they would also put them in the Cobra since it is the "higher end" model Mustang. That would have been nice. Because I've seen almost every car lately have HID's.... from Toyota Sienna Minivans... to Nissan Altimas, Maximas, 350Z, etc. I wish Ford had that option for the Cobra.

Last edited:

Taz

Established Member
REX-RACER said:
Looks and sounds really cool! Have you thought about some sort of HID set up for the fogs? Seems like I saw where someone in the Terminator seciton had done this . . .

Thanks. Yes, I have been considering replacing the OEM fogs with HID driving lights. I think one of the Sylvania Xenarc kits will slip right into the stock fog light locations, without any fabrication at all.

I'm just not sure I want to give up the fog light functionality. HID driving lights are no good in fog, etc. You get too much bounce-back glare, making them worse than nothing at all. Unfortunately, sometimes in the early mornings, we get some pretty thick ground fog around my place because of all the agricultural irrigation, and it's nice to have the fogs at those times, so I'm hesitant to give them up.

:shrug:

Happy trails,

T-

Users who are viewing this thread