BFG KD tires?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm going to need tires real soon after I pull out of hibernation this year here is my question. I'm going with a 2.76 4 idler BF setup along with full length subs and BF IRS Brace this spring as well. I would like to try one more set of street tires before I put DR's on because I will only go to the track maybe 5-6 times this summer so I'm 80-85% street driving. On my KDW's I can only get a 2.0 60 ft and 12.69 1/4 w/ mods in sig, are the KD's any better at the track? Is there a street tire that can give me sub 2.0 sec 60's (I know a lot depends on the driver). I am going to make at least one long trip to Ocean City in May and I don't want to buy another set of rims right now. Thanks for the help. :beer:

P.S. Have any of you guys ran the 315/35/17 KD's on the stock rim and if so did they clear the IRS bolts?

Wildcat

Established Member
KDs

I can only tell you from my experience that KDs are excellent dry traction street tires. My car handles significantly better and gets much better grip than with the stock F1s (the only other tire that has been on the car). I noticed a very significant difference and i would buy KDs again. I have rotated twice in the 7500 miles that are on the tires and I am getting nice even reasonable wear from the KDs as well. I think that you would be happy with them and find them to be an upgrade from the KDWs.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
The section width of the 315 KD's are way to big for a stock rim. I have them on 10.5" rims and they look nice. Each car is different and backspacing of wheels dictates whether or not you will need to shave the IRS bolts, add spacers, etc. KD's are one of the best dry traction "street" tires made.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
SVT4J said:
The section width of the 315 KD's are way to big for a stock rim. I have them on 10.5" rims and they look nice.

I figured the 315's would be too big our stock rims. I may just go with the 315 Nitto's cause I know they'll fit the stock rim and I'm only getting 8-10K out of my KDW's anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread