BFG KD 295 35 18's

Gxsa140

Established Member
I checked the search but didn't see anything directly about this. My question is, are the KD's worth the price from your expeirences? I'm wondering if they are worth the $300 a peice, compared with Nitto's or Kumho's.
It seems like a good tire, I just don't have any personal expeirence with them. I know that BFG's run a little wider than most so I plan on using the 295 on a 10'' rim. Don't want to worry about clearance issues

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
They are a great tire, but they do wear and are prone to tramlining on the road. They suck pretty bad in the rain as well. I would seriously consider the Kumho MX's given the price differential. Falken also has what looks like it will be a great tire in the rt-615 although they are not in your size at this time if you aren't worried about wet performance.

Just my 2 cents...

JymBart

Established Member
Kdw Nt

If you are going to go with the KDW`s just make sure to get the KDW NT (new thread), ......... the NT is a very big improvement over the plain (older) KDW.

Wish I could help with wear, but mine have less than 100 miles on them, . check with Discount Tire for a total (final ) price on on mounting and balancing.

JymBart

Gxsa140

Established Member
JymBart said:
If you are going to go with the KDW`s just make sure to get the KDW NT (new thread), ......... the NT is a very big improvement over the plain (older) KDW.

Wish I could help with wear, but mine have less than 100 miles on them, . check with Discount Tire for a total (final ) price on on mounting and balancing.

JymBart

Thanks for the info, but I was actually looking into getting the KD's in the back and the KDW's in the front. Anybody think this is a good combo, or just overpriced and should I stick with the Kuhmo's?

Users who are viewing this thread