BFG g-Force KD's

BRIMSTONE

Car & Driver, April 2002 issue:

Before pg. 27 there is a green BFG ad. In it they advertise the g-Force KD's on a C5 Vette.

I know the KDW's are easy to get, buy why are they advertising KD's? Are they making them available to everyone now?

Mike

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE

Before pg. 27 there is a green BFG ad. In it they advertise the g-Force KD's on a C5 Vette.

I know the KDW's are easy to get, buy why are they advertising KD's? Are they making them available to everyone now?

Mike
Good question?? hmmm? I wonder? I thought these were specially made just for the R? Maybe it was just the ones in our size?? I would assume the Vette uses wider tires, especially in the rear?

Cobra-R

Established Member

Mike

Andy is right, it is just our size that is hard to get. I went to our tire dealer last week and ordered a set of KD's for our 95R. It was no problem getting them, but the 00R size had a "?" in the colum. The guy told me that meant they need a VIN number in order to get, all the rest of the sizes showed available.

Brian

Andy M

Established Member
This is what some of the Vette guys are using:
265/35/18 front
295/35/18 rear

Will 295's fit on ours??

Mike
Mike,

I don't think 295's will fit on 9.5" rims??? I think you'd have to go to about a 10-10.5" rim for a 295??? You could probably get them on the rim, but it would likely not sit flat against the pavement??

anyone else? thoughts on this?

veryfastcar

Tire and Wheel sizes

Go to the Tire Rack website. They have max and min wheel sizes for any given tire. These are provided by the tire manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread