BFG Drag Radials

cscollis

Established Member
I thought I would help out some 03 owners with the second best mod they can make. (1 being the pulley)

Get some of the new BFG drag radials, they are incredible. If you have problems with spinning or wheelhop these babies fix you right up. As you can tell I dont have a Cobra but would like to race one with decent tires.

A bad 60' at the track is a 1.9 while most are 1.7 - 1.8 on these tires. On the street they are ven better.

The two draw backs are:
1. Get your inspections on a new set or your tires will not pass.
2. They only last about 3000-4000 miles.

I thought I would be nice today.

Rwick7

Established Member
Yeah thanks for the tip...we had no idea

bigfattie1.jpg

BTW a user named Trey193 just pulled a 1.51 60' on 275/40/17 DR's

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
cscollis, I'm running 7.55 at 95 in the 1/8th, what does your Vet run? I'd love to meet you at the track if it works out next time I go. The ET Streets killed my clutch so I've got a new one on the way along w/ better halfshafts just in case. I'm not a track whore so I'm not there but every few months but it would be cool to get some runs in w/ some LS1/LS6s..

I think you'll find there are quite a few folks on here using and very knowledgeabe of the capabilities of the BFG DRs.

Jerry

cscollis

Established Member
Jerry 7.55 at 95 is very fast. Thats good for a mid to high 11. I only run 7.8 to 7.9 at 90 low 12. The new BFG's are much better than the old style and 413 installed. The center 6 inches is slick and man do they hiook.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
I am going to try them after my Nittos wear out. I finally got a sub 2.0 60' last night, but still didnt break out of the damn 8's (8.03 @90.5):bash:

jason

cscollis

Established Member
A z06 at denton last friday was pulling 1.8's with the new BFG's and could not spin them with a 4000 rpm clutch drop. He is close to 400 rwhp. My auto with a 3000 stall and 2.0 str cant spin them at the track either.

The BFG's are worth at least .1 versus the notto drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread