BFG DR"s

KENNE-BELL'D

DE OPPRESSO LIBER
Established Member
This will be my first season using a drag radial tire.
I went with the BFG, 315-35-17.
DO i run regular tire pressure while stret driving, and then go down to 15-16 psi at thetrack....or just leave them at the low psi all the time?

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
Depends on if you want them to last long or not. My brother drives his around on 18 PSI all the time and leaves it at that for the track and he has about 2,500 miles on em but there almost out of tread. If you want them to last long you will want to run regular tire pressure. If not and you want them to hook on the street while cruising then leave em at a lower pressure.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
yeah run like 25-35psi on the street and it will still hook somewhat good since its soft rubber.

and at the track drop it to 15-20psi and see what works

Darkman

Rolling Thunder
Established Member
If you want them to last run the recommended tire pressure on the street. I would consult with BFG on how low to go on pressure when racing. Remember they are not bias ply tires and respond different than wrinkle wall MT ET's. The information is on their website.

366stroker

Established Member
Drag Radial Problem

KENNE-BELL'D said:
This will be my first season using a drag radial tire.
I went with the BFG, 315-35-17.
DO i run regular tire pressure while stret driving, and then go down to 15-16 psi at thetrack....or just leave them at the low psi all the time?

JUST BUY A SPEAR SET OF WHEELS AND HAVE A PAIR FOR THE TRACK AND USE YOUR STOCK WHEELS AND TIRES FOR ON THE STREET YOULL HOOK JUST AS GOOD WITH DR"S ON THE STREET AS YOU WOULD WITH STREET TIRES BECAUSE THERES NO HOT RUBBER ON THE STREET AT THE LIGHT WHEN YOU RACE SO YOU WONT GET TRACTION ANYWAY. JUST MY .02 CENTS :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread