Bfg Dr 275?

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Hey guys, do you think a 275/40/17 will fit a stock Mach1 wheel?
I know it'll fit my Cobra but my brother just got some deep dish bullets and we have a pair of wheels begging to be DRed.

Fosters

Established Member
BFGs tend to run a bit bigger than most brands... i've had BFG KDWs on my old turd (17x8 rims) and it looked like it was riding on baloons... i ain't doing it again...

I had kumhos on it and it looked ok though...

Angus

Established Member
Originally posted by YoungCobra
Hey guys, do you think a 275/40/17 will fit a stock Mach1 wheel?
I know it'll fit my Cobra but my brother just got some deep dish bullets and we have a pair of wheels begging to be DRed.

Would they be just for the track or would they see street use?

Track-only use, they would be great on the 17x8" wheels.
They'll hook great but look like A5S though...

I wouldn't put them on a street-driven car unless the wheel is 9" or wider - they are too wide & have too soft a sidewall.

I have them on a 17x9" Mach 1 replica wheel & they are almost too wide on them...

Jester

-------------
Established Member
They will fit. I have them on a set of stock 17x8 wheels. They do have a little lip on the edge of the wheel, especially with 13 psi in them. Nittos look better on this wheel, but the bite goes to the BFGs in my opinion.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
You better check with a tire center and play it safe! If you can put the 275's on the 8 inch wheel dont take curves to fast or your tire will roll off the wheel...not good. My suggestion...go get some 9 inch wheels. You can put up to 285's on them.

Users who are viewing this thread