BF irs brace installed!!!!

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Just wanted to post up and let anyone who might be thinking of getting a billetflow irs brace.....it's a very quality piece!!!! I installed it in about 2 hours taking my time. The fit was awsome....no tweaking to make it fit!!!! Not to mention it looked great and looked to be built very nicely, it's a shame it's hidden under the car. I'm sure it will function just as well too. Can't wait to get the MM 4 bolt cc plates, MM aluminum rack bushings, and my MM flsfcs installed tomorrow!!! I just installed my H&R race springs a week ago...I'm hoping to have a very nicely handling car when I'm done. Like I said, just wanted to let anyone who is debating on a bf irs brace....get it, very nice quality!!! And the guys at Lethal are awsome....will definately have my business from here on!!!!!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you think it's a shame to not see that then wait until you get a MGW shifter for your car. You'll practically cry when you put the boot back on it.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
yep, i have the billetflow brace and the mgw shifter and they are both too cool looking to cover up. oh well, i have the mgw interior goodies, and you can see them!

dougwg

Established Member
What made you decide to go with the Billetflow over the Steeda brace?:beer:

Well I've never seen a thread like this about the Steeda copy. That should tell you something.

OP, Thanks for the kind words.

Happy Modding!

P.S. +1 on the MGW

NotplayN

Established Member
No doubt the BF brace is nice looking but... nice looking does not mean better. I asked the question for a honest response from a non-biased person. I am working toward eliminating wheel hop and beefing up the IRS. Figured I would start there.:beer:

ssblubyyou

Established Member
From my reserch the BF piece had no fitment issues with it and great reviews.....can't say that for the steeda piece. That's why I chose BF!!!!!

MustangThief

Established Member
My BF IRS brace was exactly what I needed it to be...

A well built, sturdy piece with ZERO fitment issues.

I even called Doug and asked him a couple questions because I'm not a regular mechanic and wasn't sure on a few things. Everytime I called he was available to shoot me any advice I needed.

I would not hesitate to give Doug my business on any items he makes.

Oh, and, it's even more sad that mine isn't really visible, because it's a sonic blue IRS brace :)

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Same here. Installed my Redfire BF brace a couple of months ago. It's definately well built and no fitment issues whatsoever.

It was looking great when it was on the lift. As soon as it went on the ground it dissappeared. :-D

But I know it's there and that's what counts. A little piece of mind. :beer:

rexisme

Established Member
so you need nothing else to install with this? no bushings, new bolts, etc? just tools, brace, and time?

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Well I've never seen a thread like this about the Steeda copy. That should tell you something.

OP, Thanks for the kind words.

Happy Modding!

P.S. +1 on the MGW

With the BF brace, my diff is still together after many 5000rpm launches (40+), no broken halfshafts either. It's a heavy assed vert also. You've been there for most of them.:rockon:

SpectorV

Established Member
mine went in good but those of you that have not read up on the install you may have an issue with the bolts bottoming out~ just fyi he sends you the correct tap to fix it.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I just ordered mine, very impressed. Matt called and told me the black brace is on order but if I wanted he would send out a red one or sonic blue today, so naturally I chose the sb and no extra charge, will def do business with Lethal again. Anyone have a write up for installing this??

Users who are viewing this thread