BEWARE! UPR doesn't honor warranty if you use forced induction.

DRK HRS

Established Member
Just a heads up, my shop said UPR denied my warranty claim for a broken cat on my X pipe because I have a supercharger. I guess you can always tell them you don't have one, but thought I'd let everybody here know.

I have no idea if they'd apply this policy to the stock blower on a Cobra.

Last edited:

Sharad

Junior Woodchuck
Established Member
Just a heads up, my shop said UPR denied my warranty claim for a broken cat on my X pipe because I have a supercharger. I guess you can always tell them you don't have one, but thought I'd let everybody here know.

I have no idea if they'd apply this policy to the stock blower on a Cobra.

DRK HRS,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your x-pipe. I work for UPR and I want to make sure we get this resolved. Please help me understand the situation- You're having a problem with a UPR part, but you didn't call UPR? You say your shop said your part has no warranty- which shop is it? You can either communicate with me via SVTP or you can call UPR directly at 561.588.6630 and speak to our Sales Manager Evan.

Thank you for the opportunity to make this right,

-Sharad

UPR is Shit..

I'm sorry you feel this way. Thankfully, thousands of loyal customers disagree.

DRK HRS

Established Member
DRK HRS,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your x-pipe. I work for UPR and I want to make sure we get this resolved. Please help me understand the situation- You're having a problem with a UPR part, but you didn't call UPR? You say your shop said your part has no warranty- which shop is it? You can either communicate with me via SVTP or you can call UPR directly at 561.588.6630 and speak to our Sales Manager Evan.

Thank you for the opportunity to make this right,

-Sharad

Thanks for chiming in on this.

My shop is STLMustangs. They first said it should be under warranty because they bought it for me and installed it less than a year ago, and they were going to contact UPR to get it replaced. A couple days later they told me UPR said the warranty isn't valid because my car has been supercharged. At this point I can't even return the pipe, we ended up chopping the cats off and just welding straight pipe in their place to give me a makeshift offroad X pipe.

Sharad

Junior Woodchuck
Established Member
Thanks for chiming in on this.

My shop is STLMustangs. They first said it should be under warranty because they bought it for me and installed it less than a year ago, and they were going to contact UPR to get it replaced. A couple days later they told me UPR said the warranty isn't valid because my car has been supercharged. At this point I can't even return the pipe, we ended up chopping the cats off and just welding straight pipe in their place to give me a makeshift offroad X pipe.

Understood. I just wish you would have given us a chance to take care of you, rather than talking to STLMustangs and then writing this post. UPR, like most manufactures, will usually bend over backwards to make sure our customers are satisfied... if you give us the chance.

I never use UPR, crap products.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion... I noticed you own a Terminator. Jake Conant, Jon Pavia, and Rick Kaknes also own Terminators, and they run full UPR suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread