Better tune ? Lund or Amazon

NavStar

Established Member
I am looking to get an email updated tune for my 2011 GT. Thoughts on whos tune is better and and will give me the least amout of issues and the most HP?

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
We just made an 18hr round trip to get my brothers 5.0 tuned by Amazon. All 18hrs were more than worth it.

Amazon all the way!!!!:rockon::rockon:

His car has Hushpower AB, Lethal O/R H, Boss Intake Manifold, JLT Intake, LM TB with the tune it made 400rwhp on Amazon's Mustang Dynometer.

When I start the process of modifying my car, I will only have Amazon Tunes.

DIB5.0

Established Member
I have both and the Lund feels like it has more power than the Amazon. But i also have a UPR tune by Jamie Martorella and to me it is better than both. When i get to the track tonight i will find out and test them all.

DIB5.0

Established Member
I asked a few tuners how to do this. Even asked Rick yet i never was really told what i need to do.

ViciousJay

Established Member

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Id much rather use my xcal and laptop, i dont see a need to spend 300+ on something like that when i can put that 300 into something more worth performance

I understand what you're saying and how it's specific to you but for someone that doesn't want to carry around a laptop or deal with SCT's datalogging software (which we all know is a PITA) the Aeroforce is an excellent option.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
A cheaper option than the Interceptor is if you have an Android phone you can run the Torque app and use an OBD2 to Bluetooth adapter(about $20 on ebay). You can monitor and record basically anything you want, including A/F on each bank.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I asked a few tuners how to do this. Even asked Rick yet i never was really told what i need to do.

we usually walk our guys through the process over the phone..but since we cant do that with you it makes it more of a challege..

I dont know if there is a tutorial anywhere that might help you but we have a list of the parameters that we want datalogged in our forum here..

AF is also important to monitor.. a car that runs really strong could be leaned out to a dangerous level so you should always be aware of what your AF is doing

if you cant find anything to help you let me know and I will try to put something together that you can read

we have been waiting for that info from you so we can optimalize your Amazon tune

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I understand what you're saying and how it's specific to you but for someone that doesn't want to carry around a laptop or deal with SCT's datalogging software (which we all know is a PITA) the Aeroforce is an excellent option.

we have one in our car.. it is a very nice product..love it

acrbill

Established Member
What is the point of simply monitoring A/F if you are unable to log it in relation to RPM and such?

I have a BBR tune and am happy with its performance. A few weeks ago I emailed them asking what I should log in order for me to send it back for revisions. I never got a response so I guess I am done with them. Chicago has several reputable tuners but I am not sure how much 5.0 tuning experience they have so I am just going to wait.

DIB5.0

Established Member
UPR tune Airaid CAI 12.223 @ 115.18

Amazon tune Airaid CAI 12.490 @114.49

Lund could not run on street tires. The way he has the tune set up side ways going into second.

Auto car with stock tires. Temp was around 70. Test and Tune night.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
what were the 60fts for each tune? where they exactly the same? how many runs did you do with each tune?

you really need to be checking the AF and datalogging to see what is going on with the knock sensors on your tunes Joe

getting an Innovate MTX-L for $200 is alot cheaper than a new motor

we need to have datalogs and AF to see where the tune can be adjusted for better performance..until you can do that ..we can not optimalize the tune for you..

you are playing russian roulette with all these tunes you have and not checking them out by datalogging and getting AF readings

davidhuff

Established Member
what were the 60fts for each tune? where they exactly the same? how many runs did you do with each tune?

you really need to be checking the AF and datalogging to see what is going on with the knock sensors on your tunes Joe

getting an Innovate MTX-L for $200 is alot cheaper than a new motor

we need to have datalogs and AF to see where the tune can be adjusted for better performance..until you can do that ..we can not optimalize the tune for you..

you are playing russian roulette with all these tunes you have and not checking them out by datalogging and getting AF readings

Could you explain the difference of the Innovate MTX-L gauge and the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge?

Users who are viewing this thread